Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invisible insurance

• 24-05-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Ok I need some help
    I have a quote from an insurance company I got about 1 month - 6 weeks ago and for the life of me I can't remember who it was.

It was one of the less well known companies like an online crowd or something. I have three quotes written down: 123.ie, no nonsense, and of course the cheapest one...unknown :rolleyes:

I've google magiced it but no joy. Any ideas?

Also mods have you considered a sticky with all the various insurance companies? Some of the don't always get listed googleing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You want to play a game of guess the insurance company? Sounds like a wild goose chase to me.

Just ring around again using the same criteria you did last time. You'll find them again then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

It was Hibernian

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Random wrote: »
    You want to play a game of guess the insurance company? Sounds like a wild goose chase to me.

Just ring around again using the same criteria you did last time. You'll find them again then.

Ah g'wan play! No it was a less obvious crowd that I don't think I'd even heard of before, may have seen an add on tv for them :confused:
    jhegarty wrote: »
    It was Hibernian

Er, er no points :p

No was one of the dot coms me thinks not one of the biggies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

Probably wont matter who it was tbh, most quotes are only valid for 30 days so you'll have to ring around again anyway. time for your fingers to trawl through the phone book again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

What about nononsense or insure.ie? Either or those two ring any bells?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Quinn Direct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

How about AXA www.axa.ie

But then again you said cheap so it probably wasn't them

MacGyver wrote: »
    Probably wont matter who it was tbh, most quotes are only valid for 30 days so you'll have to ring around again anyway. time for your fingers to trawl through the phone book again.

Yep I'm aware of that but I'd still like to know who this mysterious quote came from :)
    Random wrote: »

Cheers, no joy there, the company I contacted operated under a different name, prob linked to the bigger players but no good to me
    dudara wrote: »
    What about nononsense or insure.ie? Either or those two ring any bells?

No bells for insure.ie, yes nonensense was one of the other 2 quotes I got and the second cheapest, but I'm still searching for the 3rd one lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Brittons Insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

have you tried looking at your phone bill to see who you phoned when you got the quotations.

(think outside the box :P)

Fingers crossed you have a phone bill and are not pay as you go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭high horse

PCPhoto wrote: »
    have you tried looking at your phone bill to see who you phoned when you got the quotations.

(think outside the box :P)

Fingers crossed you have a phone bill and are not pay as you go :D

You can get your call history on o2.ie even if you are a pay as you go customer.

Did you get an online quote OP? check your history for when you think you got the quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

www.bestquote.ie perhaps?

Thanks for the suggestions guys but so far no good

I got 3 quotes about 6 weeks ago (a mix of phone and online) so I don't think I'll be able to track them by bill or history.
    Great idea though, you guys should consider a career as detectives ;)

I think this comany was a smaller less well known company that I may have seen an add for on tv and went online...

I better work it out quick, my insurance is up at the end of the month and it was a good €50 cheaper than the next cheapest nononsense

Ah come on, the suspense is killing me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

25plus.ie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Did you get a quote reference number - if so most brokers should be able to identify the insurance company.

Advertisement