Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Butcher Boy

Options
  • 24-05-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

I just started it, and I'm not liking it.

Is it worth reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

One of my favourite books. So, yes it's definately worth reading.

"...bogmen standing there with the shoulders back, the head up in the air, and ar*e cocked out like they were carrying a sack of spuds on their back...":pac:

It's pretty disturbing, but funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Well worth it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Stick at it. I liked it because its based in a town less than ten miles from my home house! But overall its a great wee book. Especially when you recognise some of the places he talks about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Great book, my favourite of his (though the Dead School is great too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 obamaviva

it's definately worth reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Brilliant - long time since I read it but it gave me nightmares at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Ya it is really good book, I see what you mean with the style being off-putting at the start with the "**** off fish" and all that, but it works out well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 paoloiaquinta

a better one is "the five people you meet in heaven"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Skally-wag

I did it for my junior cert novel and thought it was brilliant. well worth reading

Advertisement