Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cod4 connection issues

Options
  • 24-05-2009 7:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi everyone. i am new to boards.ie. i had a question about call of duty 4 for the xbox360. this is more specifically related to connection errors.

about a month ago there a was a big power outage and my whole network went down but the pc, running xp was able to reconnect to the wireless network with no problem.

the xbox was also able to automatically detect and connect to the network without resetting the network security.

For about a month now i have been having connection issues while in game where it will either boot me from the game or kill me or just lag horribly.

Also a more confusing issue. while in party chat in game or not it will boot me from the party and sometimes i cant even connect to the party afterward.

its really just not fun to play anymore because the errors are so frequent in game and i dont know what the problem is because my internet works just fine and the described error seems to be the only problem with my xbox live that i am having.

if someone could give me some help with this or at least point me in the right direction to a site where i can find an answer, i would greatly appreciatie the assistance. thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Have you cheked your network settings and connections ?
    I.e All cables and any firewall settings, make sure correct ports have been opened for xbox live ?

Also, within the xbox, on system settings...have you made sure you XBox live connection is clear and the NAT settings are not strict.
    Bascially go into System settings and Test Connection and it should tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 osiris2540

hey man thanks for posting a reply so fast, i didn't expect to have an answer for two weeks.

well i took your advice and checked out the network cables and router settings and they all looked good.

on a sidenote, when you test your xbox live connection it doesnt display nat settings anymore but i know theyre not strict because my router is set up to allow whatever it really needs to do.

I looked up my port assingments on my router settings and sure enough all the gaming ports that xbox.com advises open, were not even listed so i added them and manually assinged each of them the ip address of my xbox.

and im not sure but i may have noticed significant connection improvement, if anything other people are being booted from the xbox live party now but not me for sure i can say, the only problem is sometimes when i try to join a party, it says "can't connect to xbox live party" maybe its a microsoft issue but i dont know, could just be server response i guess but its not a huge deal.

i think this might be the thing that needed to be done, one thing im noticing is that sometimes my friends wont connect to the game when i host a lobby but nine times outta ten i have the best connection and it makes me host so i dont see a problem.

i appreciate your help and if you can recommend anything to do for further action to possibly create a better connection, i would welcome any advice, if not, thanks for all your help.

Advertisement