Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a cheap but good hairdressers in Dublin?

• 24-05-2009 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

So....I have been going to Toni & Guy for the last couple of years but I have lost a few hours at work and need to start watching my pennys....My last trip cost me €215 for a full head of highlights and cut.

I don't want to just chance my arm so can anyone recommend somewhere just as good but less expensive!?

Thanks

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

You could try Junaberry on the quays. They're very reasonable and I've found them great. Haven't had highlights done, just a semi but have seen other reviews where people were very happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Definately the cheapest and the best salon in dublin is D1 Salon on Amien St.Its just been totally revamped and now has a beauty section... check out the website www.d1salon.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Sinall

Lisa who used to work in Anthony Murrays has set up on her own in Hairobics on the South Circular Road. She is fantastic. I went to her for my colour (I am a natural redhead and wanted various shades of highlights!) and she was fantastic. I also have curly hair and am very nervous about getting my hair cut but I found her excellent. She was recommended to me by a colleague who has blonde straight hair which always looks great!

Anyway, her prices are about half of what you would expect from a "top salon". Her number is 01 4544225

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Naturelle on Dorset street. They are so nice and good quality too. google them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Any suggestions on reasonably priced mens barbers? Nothing worse than paying €13 for 5 minutes work!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 leanne923

If you know your hairdresser well enough you could ask her does she do 'nixers'!!!! Cheeky i know but you could save and she could make money!!!! Works for everyone in my eyes!!!

Sinall wrote: »
    Lisa who used to work in Anthony Murrays has set up on her own in Hairobics on the South Circular Road. She is fantastic. I went to her for my colour (I am a natural redhead and wanted various shades of highlights!) and she was fantastic. I also have curly hair and am very nervous about getting my hair cut but I found her excellent. She was recommended to me by a colleague who has blonde straight hair which always looks great!

Anyway, her prices are about half of what you would expect from a "top salon". Her number is 01 4544225

A girl at work recently went to Lisa in Hairobics and got a full head of highlights and a cut for about €120. The cut and the highlights are great, really classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

i have a agree with shinners23,d1 salon amiens st is the place to go.i got my hair done there for half my regular price,absolute great find:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sorry to hijack this thread but any good recommendations for south dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

who would you reccomend in d1 salon to do hair? i used to get ir done by a girl who did nixers but im getting no luck from it anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

both girls there are good and they both trained in toni & guy so they know their job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Nools

cool thanks, if i get no answer by sat from my nixer its off to d1 i go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Is Lisa good for awkward hair with a kink? I've been going to the same guy for years and all he'll do is give me a very boring bob no matter what I ask for. He thinks he knows best and that's it. My hair goes all over the place if it isn't cut right and is hard to style. I want to go from shoulder length to something shorter that's easy to manage.

Emme wrote: »
    Is Lisa good for awkward hair with a kink? I've been going to the same guy for years and all he'll do is give me a very boring bob no matter what I ask for. He thinks he knows best and that's it. My hair goes all over the place if it isn't cut right and is hard to style. I want to go from shoulder length to something shorter that's easy to manage.

I have very curly hair and she does an excellent cut on mine (have had some horrendous ones over the years!). My work colleague has hair that's not quite wavy but that has a big wavy bit sort of in the middle and Lisa has been cutting her hair for years. It was from admiring her hair that I heard about Lisa. My colleague went to someone else last year when Lisa was away and was in tears for about a week. She seems to be very good with "difficult" hair....

Hope that helps!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Sinall wrote: »
    I have very curly hair and she does an excellent cut on mine (have had some horrendous ones over the years!). My work colleague has hair that's not quite wavy but that has a big wavy bit sort of in the middle and Lisa has been cutting her hair for years. It was from admiring her hair that I heard about Lisa. My colleague went to someone else last year when Lisa was away and was in tears for about a week. She seems to be very good with "difficult" hair....

Hope that helps!:)

I'm confused, you're looking for a stylist in another thread, yet you recommend this one in this thread! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 JENKEARNEY2

HI ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN GIVE ME THE NAME OF A GOOD HAIRDRESSERS IN D15 ???? LOOKING FOR A NEW SHORT FUNKY STYLE AND DON'T REALLY KNOW ANY WERE THATS GOOD AROUND THE AREA :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nicky92

i get my hair done in colour n cuts up in green park shops in clondalkin by a girl called emma i let one of the other staff do my colour on the 16 of september cause emma wasnt in till 10am and i have hated the way my colour was done. emma does an all over colour, highlights and cuts my hair for €75 and i wont let anyone do my hair expert emma. so i would recemend colour n cuts hairdressers they are very good

Advertisement