Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E71 problem

• 24-05-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hey guys/gals,
    I'm looking for a bit of help and hope you might be able to help me out.
    I've had a Nokia E71 since just before Christmas and on Friday night used the headphones that came with it for the first time to listen to the radio. The thing is that since then I can't hear the conversation of anyone who calls me. The phone rings ok but when I answer it's as if there's nothing there and I can only hear the person if I put the headphones in or put the phone to loudspeaker.
    The phone is obviously looking for the headphones or something but I was just wondering is there anyway to fix this?
    For the record I've tried the whole turn phone off, turn it back on routine. Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Bring it back if its an O2 model they will swap it out for a new/nearly new one.

Nokia phone earpieces are ****e i remember spending €100 - €150 to get the earpiece replaced once when it broke on a very expensive phone only for it to go again within 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You have checked the volume during the call using the keys on the side?

Sounds like a hardware fault. You will need to send away for replacement. Its under warranty so it should not be costing you. If you are sending it away, don't forget to backup all your contacts/media etc to your pc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sorry if this is really obvious, but is the jack going fully in? Same thing happens on my 5800 until I make sure the jack is properly seated.

Advertisement