Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet sitting Clontarf

Options
  • 24-05-2009 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I am considering setting up a pet sitting business in Clontarf area of Dublin and wondered if anyone knows where I could get further information on whether or not there would be a demand for this service. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

If it is to take animals into your own home then yes, there is a huge demand but not so much for owners wanting you to stay in their homes. I am a petsitter based in Killester. I've been doing it for about 3 years now in total.

Just be aware that most owners want at least three references from previous clients (which is fair enough considering they are leaving their beloved pets with me) and I allow my clients to come to see me in my house before I sit their dog, cat, etc.

I find one of the reasons I have been quite sucsessful in petsitting is that I did a animal grooming course which really gives you great lessons in animal handling. I also volunteer for a few animal charities. The experience that you get volunteering is priceless. I have worked with girls who paid for animal handling courses and they say that what you learn in the shelters is much more important and useful.

Good Luck with your business!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dublinpenny

Thanks for your advice. I will look into doing a grooming/pet care course and contact the voluntary groups also.

Advertisement