Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Steering Wheel Remote and New CD Player

• 24-05-2009 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

ok i have seen the odd stale thread on this..

so usual story have a nissan almera 01 hatch back, and what to change the tape player to a c.d. player,
    100_2113.jpg
    changing the face plate and the radio aren't really a problem but and heres the clincher that i have seen all over the place the "steering wheel remote"!
    27529311.jpg

now it strikes me that u need to choose the c.d. player because it will need it to accept the input from the steering wheel! so thats really my first point, is this where people are going wrong, isn't i like getting a tv and trying to use a different remote, or more like trying to use a remote on a tv thats dosent use remotes at all!

i reckon there should be 3 ways of getting the desired effect,

im thinking there must be c.d. players in newer almera's, could u buy one of that type and interchange them!

Get a c.d. player and connectors that will accept input and work

get a new steering wheel remote compatible with the type of c.d. player u get.

so ideally option two and one of you lovely people will tell me how to do it, but if you have any ideas about the rest, let me know please

p.s. i don't know much about car radios and car stuff, but i am kinda handy with electronics in general, so it is a out side view on this problem and may be completely wrong

thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

there are adaptors called multistalk adapters, they work with main brands of cd players (jvc, kenwood, sony, pioneer, alpine) and allow you to use your existing steering wheel remote

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭target assassin

looked it up, thanks alot, another question, do u get it to fit the cd player or to fit the steering wheel?

Advertisement