Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would anyone be interested in doing a display?

• 24-05-2009 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

I am looking to fill a room for our schools forthcoming summer fair. I have been given a class room to have a craft/showcase room in.

What I am looking for is people who may want to sell their crafts or simply to demo or display them. What I am not however looking for are card makers (sorry!)

So it may suit - Jewelery, Glassmakers, Quilters, Photography or anything really.

Date - Sunday 21st June - time 12.30 to 4.30 - location - Castleknock.

There would be no charge for the stall , a donation would be most welcome but that would be at your discression.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I might be interested :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I think I spoke to you about one there last year but something came up on the day.

If KJT pulls out send me a pm, I'm from there and would love to go even just to see some old faces!

There could always be a boards exhibition/sale where everybody pools their prints....

I didn't think I'd be the only one doing it..?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Sort of like a mini People's Photography?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

kjt wrote: »
    There could always be a boards exhibition/sale where everybody pools their prints....

I like this idea kjt, I wonder would the OP go for it.
    It could be a chance for some of us less professional peeps that are lacking the full monty to carry off a complete solo display.

• Advertisement

Yup that's pretty much what I was thinking. Depending on how much room we had we could get 5-10 people putting in 4-8/10 prints each. Better for all of us and better for the punters on the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Wow ... guys.

That sounds wonderfull. Just what I was hoping for.

The details of when and where are in the opening post. Just pm me if you decide to go ahead with it. I will do my best to make the space you need available. As this is exactly what we are hoping to have at the fair.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you soon.

Thanks guys !!

Well there you go...straight from the OP's keyboard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Count me in for this as well. I can help organis also if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,158 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm in Galway so mightn't be there on the day (hopefully could make it but have to see....)but would be interested in displaying some pics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

kjt wrote: »

I think thats a great idea.
    I'll deffo go over on the day and have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭jao

Yeah, sounds great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Count me in.

Pete.

Well given that the date is coming up rather quickly why not figure this out.

I know I'd be happy to have 1-3 pictures showing.

So take my case if you will.

Firstly...I don't know what of mine would be generally popular! There's no point in me putting out a picture that I find interesting and pleasing and yet the general populace don't get what I see. I'd like to display something for a broad taste...so I'm going to have to figure that one out. What pictures, how big, framed or not etc.

Practical considerations are: how many other people are not only interested, but will actually do it (and there's a big difference in both).

So there are individual and collective thins to be considered.

Why not keep this thread going as a general concern/interest and how to do going.

Anybody else got some questions or concerns so we can work on some solutions?

I am going to be really pushed for time as I'll only be back on the Thursday before. I already have plenty of stuff printed and mounted so I'm good to go with that.

So in saying that, I'm more than happy to turn up on the day with prints, meet up with other boardsies, have a bit of banter and a good day. If I sell a few prints it's a bonus!

Guys ...

Just bumping this up as the date is almost upon us - and I have been manic myself (I am doing two craft displays myself - glass mosaic and cards...)

Anyhoo... hope you are all still interested as the school is delighted to hear you are coming. Size wise I can make any space available to you, the crafty type of stuff is all being housed together. So let me know what you need and we will arrange it for you.

If someone could pm me I will give them my contact details. Many thanks again. Looking forward to seeing some great work - and hopefully picking up some tips for my own shots ...

Bumping this up...

Are you guys still interested please pm me soon ... This event is scheduled for this weekend.

Liz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Anybody getting involved with this!

Yup I'm heading along Fergus. Anybody else going?

Advertisement