Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student clamping car at UL?

• 24-05-2009 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I read yesterday in some supplemement of the Irish Independent, Kim Bielenberg writing a short piece about how he read on boards that a student of UL went to Argos and bought a clamp for €45 and put it on another students car.

He used it as an example of how we don't really need free fees in the country, when students like this are spending such money for "idle pranks". I've just glanced over the threads and can't find the thread.

Anyway well done whoever you are :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

May not have been on the UL forum tbh.

Is it not illegal anyway to clamp someone elses car, prank or no prank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

mwahahaha...raises hand!:D

Only illegal if you charge them to get it off without authorisation.

I think clamping for financial gain is illegal full stop. I remember someone in WIT winning a case against campus security for clamping them a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

kaimera wrote: »
    May not have been on the UL forum tbh.

Is it not illegal anyway to clamp someone elses car, prank or no prank?

It was in AH, this thread to be exact http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055566064

No ideas about the legality of it tbh.

Lazy journalism too if the best he can come up with to support his argument is an example of people playing pranks on each other....then again you can't expect much better from the Indo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Bakharwaldog

Crazy...i would have thought if he was lookin for a pro-fees argument the amount of student who actually have cars would have been a better point.
    not the fact that one student can afford a clamp...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Argos sells clamps?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

peanuthead wrote: »
    Argos sells clamps?? :confused:

Yeah, I think they have for a while. AFAIK it's kind of a safety thing. People won't be able to steel a clamped car (or at least not easily).

Advertisement