Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you Saving more these days

Options
  • 24-05-2009 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

i know th government want us to spend, spend, spend, but they are doing nothing to make people spend. The opposie in fact.

I have found that because of the the increased taxes and particularly the uncertainty in how much the next budget will punish us with tax payments that myself and my other have are saving like mad.
    We save all of her salary and about 30% of mine.
    Hopefully this will get us over any blips we might have in employment over the recession, though we havent really seen any blips yet.

And eventually when we roll out of the recession this fund will pay a substantial amount off a house for us. Assuming we dont lose our jobs during it.

I was just wondering if others find they are saving more now that times are worse too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Personally, no. the government levies leave me feeling a bit robbed

On the positive side, the more everyone saves, the less reliant our banks are on interbank or ECB borrowing, which cant be a bad thing..

Advertisement