Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorcycle Maintenance Course in Dublin - Anyone interested?

• 24-05-2009 1:37pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads I was up with my mechanic there a few weeks back and I mentioned to him that he should run some sort of Motorcycle Maintenance Course. He said he had been thinking of it for a while but not got around to it - so I said I would help him.

I won't divulge identities yet but he's a highly experienced guy with a big workshop in Dublin - been going ages and very reputable. We were thinking of some sort of group lessons, maybe in the evenings some week night - going on for a course of weeks, teaching the basics of motorcycle Maintenance - possibly moving up to the more advanced stuff over time. You can bring your own bike and work on that or join in with someone else etc.

All of this has yet to be worked out, but I just wanted to get a feel for who would be on for doing this, and if it looks good we will get something set up asap.

Let me know your thoughts or any ideas etc etc
    Cheers
    Zascar

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yeah I'd probably be interested as soon as I get my bike ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Definitely would be interested. There aren't a lot of courses like that being run at the moment, and if it wasn't too expensive I'd defintely do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

def be interested in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

curryman wrote: »
    def be interested in that.

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Same! Depending on cost and what not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Encourage/help him to get it going if you can , i've seen 2 lads just after starting biking almost killed by crap mechanical advice from neighbours etc.

examples ( not to be de-railing your thread ) :

First lad was adjusting his chain ( 125) , getting on fine , neighbour "advises" & "helps" him to adjust it up rock solid. At the very least could've been expensive , more likely just to lock up the gearbox and end badly

Other lads "assistant" saw him cleaning his scooter and helped him by greasing all the exposed ( stainless!) screws and brake discs , to prevent rust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

I would be interested in that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Aye, I’d be interested in that as well. As long as it’s not just the kind of stuff you pick up yourself though. i.e. “this is an air-filter; change it if it’s dirty”.

I’d like to be able to do something to help myself if my bike suddenly breaks down at the side of the road (so that I’m not standing there like a headless chicken!)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

My guess is that it will start off at the most basic level and work from there - no point in starting at an intermediate level where some people are left behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Count me in (subject to times and work commitments.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snickers777

defo be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

Sounds interesting alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Yep me 3 but I'd want someone to point out the air-filter. :o Total noob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

There is one night course (that I know of, there may be more) which does this sort of stuff - basic maintenance with no prior knowledge assumed - and it's always fully subscribed, so it would be a very good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭383Ger

Yes I would be interested in this also...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭aidan13

i'm in. definitly

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

was trying to do the 10 week course in FAS last year twice. Both times they had to cancel it cus of lack of interest, they needed at least 8 people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

I am interested, count me in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I'd be interested as well, once its not mad money, just changed the bike so times are tough!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Definitely interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

add my name to the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Id be interested in this but not till the end of the year if your mate decides to run another course after this one. Im out of the country for the summer so one in the winter would suit me better.
    OP any ideas on price, even a ball park figure. And how long would it go for, 10 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

I'd buy that for a dollar

(by that I mean I'd be very interested)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭mel o

Newbie here, I'd deffo do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MKEOGHAN

I'd be interested also - Any further development in the coarse content, Dates, Times, Cost Etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Can u put me down for this also - very good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah, something that is not on a monday or tues night as I work till half 8. Thursday is perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

any update on this?

Advertisement