Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English paper 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Yeah nobody is actually saying what came up?

I've read the poets, but what were the Macbeth questions? And the comparative study? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Yeah nobody is actually saying what came up?

I've read the poets, but what were the Macbeth questions? And the comparative study? :confused:

bishop,wallcot,keats,longly

macbeth - banquo , deception

Coulteral context

awhir wrote: »

Coulteral context

Sexual :cool:

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

christ i actually feel like collapsing.

Out of every year, it just had to be ours :mad:

Looked like a nice paper too - except for Macbeth :cool: Haven't a clue about Deception :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I spent forty minutes revising my deception essay before I came on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Is it definite the things that did come up won't come upon the back-up paper? Or will the same poets appear with different questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i neeeeed her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

awhir wrote: »

Coulteral context
    did vision and viewpoints come up aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 IMakeNoSense

This is such a kick in da tits!!
    are we gonna still have the same poets, Macbeth Q's, and Comparitive on saturday morning?? (AT 9:30:()

Such stupid idiots!
    The contingency paper is obviously going to be stupid... thats why its the CONTINGENCY paper!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

yeah im relyin on her, then again im learning a bit on walcott, and jus in case il do sumthing on rich come friday

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Does anyone know what was her question in the leaked paper? Please dont be a personal response:p

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

well maybe i am , but seriously I have longly and montague for backups

Maybe go for poet's whose name you can actually spell?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

Like what will come up for Macbeth now? The institute hinted at Deception and all them poets in September. we are so hard done by. Im going to study cultural context now...just so p1ssed off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Theyre sayin it could be saturday morning. What a dose if you were plannin to spend the weekend on Irish and Maths

Studay what you were planning to study Sat tommorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm relying on bishop but as you said i know good bit about longley and montague

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

Dammit where is that Louth crew when you need them? There's two different accounts of what poets came up. Some people are telling me Bishop came up, but then others are saying there was no female poets.
    I'm desperate to know the real list so I can look over a poet that didn't come up.
    Eurgh this is such crap :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

i neeeeed her
    me to;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Black kettle

Dammit that's complete bollocks!!!! that ****in dickface whoever that person was!!!!!!!! That was my DREAM paper!!!! I predicted everything! I wanted an A looks like there's no chance of that now. If i don't get my points because of my english grade I will not be taking it lying down. This has a knock on effect it's ruining everyones studying schedule and everyone is going to spend way more time on english that they should be and spending less time on other subjects. This is bull****

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oh please, its not ruining your study timetable. Its hardly going to make much difference.

Study English from now untill lunch
    Maths and Geography this evening
    Maths tomorow morning
    Geography in the 2 hours before the exam
    English Friday night + Saturday morning.

And then your back to normal.

trying to learn rich+visual view point in 4 hours is going to be tough !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Ya but its alot tougher now and all we prepared has gone out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭BLARG

Says who? The paper isn't going to be an exact opposite of the original paper, more then likely most of the poets will still come up, the Cultural Context will probally still come, just different questions.

I must say, and I don't mean to scare anyone, but my Dad sat the 1969 contingency, and he said that all the poets from the year before came up, the ones which they hadn't prepared. But remember, that in this day and age, with snot nosed kids like us who will complain alot more (internet etc.) it's unlikely they'll make some disasterous impossible paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

tbh i really don't get it. as far as the department is concerened, we've learnt the whole course. it's our own faults for taking shortcuts. complaining about it isn't going to do anything, best thing you can do is try and learn as much as possible over today and tomorrow.

and yes i do geography aswell so i don't have major time to be learning english but it's my own fault for only learning predictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Says who? The paper isn't going to be an exact opposite of the original paper, more then likely most of the poets will still come up, the Cultural Context will probally still come, just different questions.

Says who its not goin to be the opposite? wheter it is or not most student are learning things they never have before which dents into the quality of other subjuects and what we have learned already for english

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There is the leaked paper thread for discussion of the leaked paper.
    Just a note - when I did my leaving, I recall a girl who was dead set that Glaciation and something else was coming up in the Geography paper. Her and her close friends all studied only those. Even though our teacher told us to have a knowledge of all of it because you can only predict so much.
    Sat down to the paper and guess what? no glaciation.
    Afterwards our geo teacher was hanging around to answer questions or whatever and that girl was giving out to her and crying saying it was the teachers fault. Our teacher just said 'maybe next year you'll come in and tell the 6th years that when I say have a knowledge of all, I mean it'.

I'm not being smart, I know it's impossible to know everything but trying to panic about what's coming up and assuming things on the leaked paper won't come up in saturdays paper isn't going to help.
    Just learn what you know and revise lightly over the rest. It's all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

Can I just say it's ridiculous complaining about the comparative topics that came up on cancelled paper as their are only three anyway!! For God's sake people are so concerned about doing as little work as possible that I'm glad this happened as it serves people right!!

what question can now come up for bishop ? would it be on themes or something on that line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

On reflection, now that I've slept on it, there's more to education than learning off reams of notes. In theory, after 14 years in school we should have learned to be flexible and to take initiative. This paper will really separate the people with a natural flair for English, who can form well thought out, articulate answers, from the people who just learn off essays.

Unfortunately for me I fall into the latter group :(

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

I just read in the paper 94 % of exam centres had access to the papers this morning!! thats unreal that the SEC can't make sure the other 6% had them in case of emergency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i'm just goingover what i was going over beforeall this happened:
    bishop
    longley
    montague
    cultural context
    theme
    supernatural
    relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth
    kingship

Advertisement