Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should be the villains int he next Trek movie?

• 24-05-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

With a sequel pencilled in for Stardate 2011, I'd like to see people's thoughts on who the villains should be.
    Shoot.

Who should be the villains in the next Trek movie? 59 votes

Romulans
    0% 0 votes
    Borg
    15% 9 votes
    Klingons
    23% 14 votes
    other - please specify in post
    61% 36 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

JJ abrams and that little ewok thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Well said :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Always liked the Klingons as villains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Soulja boy

this. he was already a big enough villain with his first attempt. its going to get worse from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

It has to be Khaaaaaaannnnn!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well they have to do romulans yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭Rawr

well they have to do romulans yet

They already kind of did that in 'Star Trek' (and 'Star Trek Nemesis'), although a proper fight against the Romulan Star Empire would be good.

Like many here, I would like a return of the classic bad-guy Klingons. These are the enemy that even non-trekkies know. With Berman and Co. finally out of the picture, perhaps Abrams and Co. can take what was a horribly wasted oppertunity with Enterprise, and actually make the Klingons to be a war-like race of warriors, at war!

'Enterprise' simply never went there. They'd feature the Klingons often, hint at their agressive nature, tease us with the chance of an actual war...and then go all TNG Klingon on us.

Thus, my vote is for real Klingons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Romanains!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

If it is the Borg, I will NOT being going to see it.

I can see it being the Klingons going to war, to get their hands on the planet destroying Red Matter Tech.

I know that the ship was destroyed but Spock is still there, with the knowledge

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

100% for Klingons. If you asked the general public to name a trek enemy, most would name the Klingons. I would like them to get a big revamp on screen. For a warrior race, it's amazing how pretty much any regular joe Starfleet officer can take them out using any given weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Personally I'd like a new Villian, but one that is still within the Star Trek Universe.

I've always wanted to see the Husnock. As this timeline is before TNG (and there complete annihilation by that Douwd creature) and completely different to the known TOS, they could introduce them.

Their description seems perfect for a villian: "a species of hideous intelligence who knew only aggression and destruction."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Klingon borg?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the blingon, they could be played by famous black rappers

Doomsday device would be cool but would be just like V'ger and Whale probe, in the previous movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well atleast make it plural as in klingons rather then klingon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Klingons would be ok but it feel a bit prequely or like a retelling. I'd prefer a new alien race that would be original and entertaining, just the klingons were for TOS or the Borg for TNG.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Another Khan vote. (That or the Whales from the Voyager Home - make them killer whales :) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

I'd like to see them bring back one of the lesser-used races from TOS. The Gorn spring to mind but really there were a lot of races in TOS that made an impact in a single episode and were never subsequently reused.

Would give them some room to put their own spin on things, rather than using an established race (Klingons being the obvious choice) or, worse still, an established individual (Khan would be an extremely lazy choice, imo. He was in one episode and a single film... it seems like everything since has been billed as "the new Khan". Time to give up the ghost.).

Goodshape wrote: »
    I'd like to see them bring back one of the lesser-used races from TOS. The Gorn spring to mind but really there were a lot of races in TOS that made an impact in a single episode and were never subsequently reused.

Would give them some room to put their own spin on things, rather than using an established race (Klingons being the obvious choice) or, worse still, an established individual (Khan would be an extremely lazy choice, imo. He was in one episode and a single film... it seems like everything since has been billed as "the new Khan". Time to give up the ghost.).

Was there not a Gorn used fairly recently?
    In Enterprise, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Was there not a Gorn used fairly recently?
    In Enterprise, I think

In a mirror darkly. Part 1 or 2, can't remember which. Near the end of series 4. Two of the best Enterprise episodes IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

The klingons are so outdated, The roumulans are meh, Borg all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Penrose wrote: »
    The klingons are so outdated, The roumulans are meh, Borg all the way.
    Alternative timeline or not, I'd say it'd be too much of stretch to get the Borg into the story.

Plus - between First Contact, Voyager and that Enterprise episode, the Borg are done to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Goodshape wrote: »
    Alternative timeline or not, I'd say it'd be too much of stretch to get the Borg into the story.

Plus - between First Contact, Voyager and that Enterprise episode, the Borg are done to death.

Perhaps but the Romulans I mean they are not very threatening but I would love to see a battle between a Galaxy and Romulan Warbird.

How about a movie with the Terran Empire battling everyone ;D

Penrose wrote: »
    How about a movie with the Terran Empire battling everyone ;D

We had that in Enterprise, they were getting their ass kicked untill the USS Defiant came their way.
    I imagine with that ship, they hammered everyone fairly easily.

Now a series/movie of Smiley O'Brien battling the Alliance, from Terok Nor, would be cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The Dominion, altho only if they upgrade them to 2.0 so they look scarier with the Changelings and ruling the roost.

faceman wrote: »
    The Dominion, altho only if they upgrade them to 2.0 so they look scarier with the Changelings and ruling the roost.

Major stretch in getting anyone from the other areas of the galaxy into the next movie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Major stretch in getting anyone from the other areas of the galaxy into the next movie

One letter for you....

....Q ;)

One letter for you....

....Q ;)

Q Who?
    *groan*

I think that Voyager castrated the Q possibility.

I think that exploring TOS minor races is a good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

One letter for you....

....Q ;)

There's a lot of species that could introduce them. The Q continuum, The Traveler, Nagilum, the Douwd... and lets not forget Sha Ka Ree :rolleyes:

Regardless of who I want it to be though I've a feeling it's going to be the Klingons. It will introduce them to Star Trek n00bs and I wouldn't say no to some Federation versus Klingon space battles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Please not the Q - this is the silliest idea ever introduced in Star Trek!

Advertisement