Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should be the villains int he next Trek movie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

The Klingons I think,theres a whole war there we've never seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Rascal77 wrote: »
    The Klingons I think,theres a whole war there we've never seen.

Not anymore

I really think that you will see poast TNG tech in the next movie, from Spock, which will mean that all TOS races will be vastly outgunned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

well if they are goin with kilgions then there faces will be different as remember they went threw that change in there race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Good point, although I've a feeling if they do go with Klingons as bad guys they'll make them post-augment rather than the TOS more humanoid looking ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

There was a Klingon sub-plot cut from the Star Trek movie. Should make it's way to the DVD release.

After a quick search the only screenshot of them I could find is on this page, taken from one of the trailers : http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4186 ...and they're wearing full head and face helmlets :-/. The helmlets have ridges but I guess it's still up in the air whether the head's underneath do or not.

Hopefully we'll find out with the DVD. Sounded like a good sub-plot (
    Nero gets captured by Klingons at some point during his long wait for Spock to come through from the future. He's sent to Rura Penthe and eventually escapes. It's during this time that he gets his ear chewed off by one of the Klingon dogs.
    -- a better story than "I've just been hanging around for 20-odd years.")

Also.. as I've said before, I really hope they ignore that stupid genetic mutation story and just give us some decent looking Klingons. The only reason Klingons had ridges from The Motion Picture onwards, and not in TOS, was a ten year advancement in makeup effects and a bigger budget. End. Of. Story.

IMO it's akin to complaining about updated transporter effects, or that TOS didn't have the same "warp stretch" effect as ST:Enterprise. F'ing retarded.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

cheers metal head your right.

point being Im not a treky. well kinda but that was 10 years ago. when kirk was still in it.

I love kirk. anything with him in it was amazing.

now if the real trekies looked at the film really looked. at the end blam blam

its the end. wow that was amazing.

sorry Im a kirk fan and you could say treky but techically if kirks father died at the start of the film and that was not meant to happen.

then techically nothing the movie did or took place has noting to do with the star trek universe what so ever. the universe we grew up with.

it goes against ever single star trek law of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I like one where Kirk (pine) goes into the future to kill Janeway's mother to prevent us ever having to sit through 5 seasons of Voyager.
    For even more entertainment he could kidnap Data..reprogram him to kill all women with the same name as Janeway..
    hmm..an android killing mothers..why does that sound familiar? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rigumagoo

If it were one of those 3, it would have to be the klingons.
    The logic is simple:
    The villain of the last movie was romulan.
    The borg were the villains in every goddam TNG era movie, not to mention the fact that they were only 'discovered' by the humans in the TNG era, so unless they pull ANOTHER timetravel shtick, they're out too.
    This leaves the klingons, who are totally played out and - let's face it - boring.
    That said, this guy
    It has to be Khaaaaaaannnnn!!!!!!
    is correct.
    Word on the street is Khan will be recast as the villain in the second movie of the 'rebooted' era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

that would be terrible though, every trek film has had a megalomaniacal villain hellbent on destruction. Its just become boring and repetitive. They should try something different like maybe not having a central enemy at all

federation civil war.
    With
    vulcan
    gone there is enough turmoil and strife to make it possible.
    Could end up with a reveal that the cardassian's were behind it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 ninety6days

i think it would be really cool if the next movie had sisko as an admiral, janeway as a captain, and half jemhadar, half vulcan borg drones commanding the millenium falcon under the supervision of cylons in france.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

i think it would be really cool if the next movie had sisko as an admiral, janeway as a captain, and half jemhadar, half vulcan borg drones commanding the millenium falcon under the supervision of cylons in france.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rigumagoo

I think I want to kill you

No room for a Tardis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 ninety6days

rigumagoo wrote: »
    I think I want to kill you

but it would be so COOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

I reckon the Breen would be a good opponent

there is a lot of scope to develop them in a alternate reality, and they are potentially a dangerous foe for the Federation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MetalDawg

Tholians anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

MetalDawg wrote: »
    Tholians anyone?
    Good shout! Wouldn't mind seeing more of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

Looks like the may go with a younger Kahn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Species 8472, but only in the visual style of the prawns in District 9

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It wont be a species like Species 8472, Breen or any other minor Trek species as the public won't care.

Also, I can't see a new species being the villians as there will be no time to flesh them out.

A Khan remake would not surprise me. Neither would a film based on the Klingons. A species that the general public will have heard about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd be ok with Kliongons..but Khan for fcuk's sake.. leave it out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭Rawr

FutureGuy wrote: »
    A Khan remake would not surprise me. Neither would a film based on the Klingons. A species that the general public will have heard about.

The Klingons would be good. People generally know about them, and if they can re-set them back to their old-school evil ways, all the better!

Khan? Nah. Star Trek 2 did a great job. It would be hard to top, and really, they shouldn't.

Edit: However, if they did do it. They really should re-record the James Horner score from Star Trek 2. Hearing that, updated and full blast in a Dolby cinema would be incredible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

JIMHO: If they re-use an established badguy they need to make it fresh, different, topical and dangerous eg if they go with Khaaaaaaaaaaaan it should be a radical, Islamic militant Khan or something. I cant think of any way to make Klingons seem fresh. :rolleyes: Maybe a rogue band of gay Klingons or something.......
    In general I think it'd be better to go with a completely new villian or threat.
    Also, IMHO they got away with the fun, action-packed, Star Wars style movie the first time. That could wear thin, fast. For future efforts I think they need to get back to the core Trek values and make it a bit more thoughtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

I hate prequels but I would go with a brand new species, and I'd throw in a plot that restores the timeline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Also, IMHO they got away with the fun, action-packed, Star Wars style movie the first time. That could wear thin, fast. For future efforts I think they need to get back to the core Trek values and make it a bit more thoughtful.

Was thinking the same. Smash, bang, excitement.. here's your new crew! Great! ....but now lets get them doing something interesting.

Go seek out new life, or something. Maybe even some new civilizations? With a ship like what they got, I'm sure they could be a bit bold and get to places no man has gone before.

Just sayin' :pac:

A good 2 or 3 movie arc with some seriously cool 'look how crazy and awesome our galaxy is' sci-fi stuff in there would be great. Adventure beats action when it comes to Trek, imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

Forget villians, the next movie should show Kirk negotiating a peace treaty, and also it should show how the administration of a star ship is handled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Javier Bardem as Khaaaannn FTW. (would be kinda cool if they threw in The doomsday device aswell)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

scanlas wrote: »
    Forget villians, the next movie should show Kirk negotiating a peace treaty, and also it should show how the administration of a star ship is handled.

What? Kind of like The Office but in space?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Berkut wrote: »
    I'd be ok with Kliongons..but Khan for fcuk's sake.. leave it out..

There have been LOTS of rumors going around that Javier Bardem was being felt out for a possible role as Khan.

I would remake Khan JUST to see him play that role. I don't think there is anyone else on the planet that could play Khan

Advertisement