Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big overgrown garden

Options
  • 24-05-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

I have a big garden that used to be nice but is now realy overgrown
    I dont have a lot of money or time and was wondering the best way of doing it lawn is fine shrubs in rockery are about 20 feet and briars coming out through them same all around the edges of the lawn
    palm trees also have briars and weeds growing through them
    any fine day midges take over the place and eat us when we go outside the house.
    A few years back I got a guy with a tractor and hedge cutter but he cut some nice trees in half and the shrubs and weeds came back even worse
    would weedkiller kill everything
    hedgecutter again or digger maybe
    there is too much work for hand tools lawn is over 2 acres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

hire a guy to trim back (hard) everything, inquire in your local pub, the best way to hire as you will get every ones version of every guy advailable, also our east european cousins seem to work (at least around here) long and hard hours for i.m.o. reasonable rates and seem to know what they are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

I had a smaller area in similar condition (no rockery though). I sprayed it with roundup and that cleared it in less than 2 weeks. Wasn't sure what to do with it then but had a digger in for something else & got the guy to go in and he cleared it out in 20 minutes! Was left with nice top soil to work away on.

Advertisement