Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to the airport for 5am?

Options
  • 24-05-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if any buses (dublin bus/express..whichever) leave for the airport around 5am, or is taxi the only means to get there so early?
    I live on the airport bus route but from looking on the website it seems they only start at 6am-ish.. Our flight is at 7am so would need to leave around 5.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Might be better if you post the exact location you are travelling from... the 747 cost €6 per head and I don't think it picks up en-route but I'm not sure about that. If there are two or more travelling a taxi might be a cheaper and better option.
    I got a taxi last week from Glasnevin to the Carlton Airport hotel , with extras for a pick up and one extra pax it cost €12.70 from these guys 01 8202020.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

If your wait at the Air Coach stop on either Suffolk Street or O'Connell Street taxi's will pull up and offer to bring you to the airport for the same price as the Air Coach.

This is off the clock and they will try and fill the taxi as well but it's still better then standing in the cold waiting for the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

I'm living in Drumcondra so the one that leaves O' Connell St at 5.15 probably wouldnt get to collect us until around 5.30 which would be leaving it a bit late me thinks..

Even though we're quite close to the airport, last time I got a taxi up it was €18, and back was €20! It might be cheaper to drive up and park in the long term car park for €5 a day - we'll be gone for 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Those aircoaches run 24 hours a day. Usually every 15 or 20 mins. Ring them, or if you cant find the number ring bewleys hotel in leopardstown and ask if they know the timetable as thats where the bus leaves from :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

Thanks for that - just checked the website. Its €12 return per person from Drumcondra to the Airport. So for 3 people thats €36 return... the parking works out 1 euro cheaper and I guess I wont have to drag my friends over the road to meet the bus outside Quinns :D

thanks for all your help dudes x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

vixenbees wrote: »
    It might be cheaper to drive up and park in the long term car park for €5 a day - we'll be gone for 7 days.
    €4.50 when you book in advance with the DAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Vixenbees I hailed a taxi from Fagan's not long ago, 2 of us, one suitcase, and it cost €14 odd to the Airport. So it was a favourable option to the Aircoach. But there's not much in it between that and driving and using the carpark as you've suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

vixenbees wrote: »
    Thanks for that - just checked the website. Its €12 return per person from Drumcondra to the Airport. So for 3 people thats €36 return... the parking works out 1 euro cheaper and I guess I wont have to drag my friends over the road to meet the bus outside Quinns :D

thanks for all your help dudes x

A return taxi would work out cheaper than that from Drumcondra

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Those aircoaches run 24 hours a day. Usually every 15 or 20 mins
    Every hour between 1am and 5am and every 15 minutes at all other times. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement