Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Kitchen Scales Error?

Options
  • 24-05-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Just went to use my Tronic Kitchen scales that i bought in Lidl about a year ago and i got a message on the screen saying "out2" and it then switches itself off. Anyone else had this error? I lost the manual so can't check that out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

out2 is a generic code for calibration error (I work with scales in my job). It can also happen if you start it up with a weight on it already.

There might be a way to calibrate it, also check it is moving freely, since if it is caught somehow it might think a load is on it and give that error. Also try pulling up the scale very gently before turning on, take batteries out to reset. Also try starting up with a weight on it.

Could be knackered though, I would get a salter one in futures
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=30001&langId=-1&q=SALTER&pp=20&c_1=1|cat_12160029|Kitchenware|12160160

€13.49 for a digital with 15year guarantee and they are a decent brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It could just be something simple like the battery being flat. My digital scales (Tefal) start acting up and giving me an error EEEE if I switch them on with even the smallest weight on them, even just the weighing bowl, when the battery is nearly flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

rubadub wrote: »
    out2 is a generic code for calibration error (I work with scales in my job). It can also happen if you start it up with a weight on it already.

That's what might have happened as i did start it up with a weight on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

Rubadub- Would you be able to recommend a good scales for baking? I don't mind spending a bit on it to get a decent one. Thanks

Advertisement