Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap desktop computers

• 24-05-2009 7:17pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Tesco Maynooth have a limited number of Acer desktop computers.

Euro 199 for a desktop, Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz, 2 Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, DVDRW no monitor
    Euro 299 desktop, Dual Core Pentium 2 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, DVDRW, 17" LCD monitor

Both are onboard graphics and audio, with a 10/100 Nic, no wireless

Specs are pretty crap- but its cheap and cheerful......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

You saw them at those prices, yes?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You saw them at those prices, yes?

Yes- the wife had to drag me away. I was curious more than anything else- the specifications are pretty atrocious- but they are cheap....?

No bad for some solitaire and surfing all the same, just what I know it would be used for :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No bad for some solitaire and surfing all the same, just what I know it would be used for :)

More than capable- it has Vista Home Premium on it though- I'd be very tempted to strip it and whack XP Pro on in its place- if you have a spare license. The operating system itself is going to be a limiting factor- given how poor the specs are.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anybody know if they have these in Galway or Castlebar?

• Advertisement

I run XP Pro on my Proper desktop, missus has Vista on her Vaio and I'm still lost with it, and I wouldn't be a hapless techno weenie either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

I run XP Pro on my Proper desktop, missus has Vista on her Vaio and I'm still lost with it, and I wouldn't be a hapless techno weenie either.

I thought i was the only one :)

Advertisement