Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC new email set up

Options
  • 24-05-2009 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

I'm a UPC broadband customer and want to set up a new email address. How do i do that. Tia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

As in get a new email address with someone like Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Hotmail?

Or set up an existing email account in an email application like Outlook or Windows Mail on your computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

As in get a new email address with someone like Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Hotmail?

Or set up an existing email account in an email application like Outlook or Windows Mail on your computer?

Set up a new UPC email account. As in get a new upc email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

wondering the same, says i got one just go about telling me where it is.

I hate the server settings but was very uninformative.

Aswell as not telling me how to access the 500mb of free space with them i have :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Try here, click on the the Account Management link in the top RH corner. You need to be online using your NTL/UPC connection to get access. As far as I remember you can create up to 10 email accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Your set up tech should have put the email adress and password on the work docket? They are glorefied white van men though so god only knows.
    If you dont have it you'll need to call their support and just let them know you want to start using their upc mail address, you should have one already set up from their provisioning system and you can create up to 15 sub accounts according to their site using those details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i wouldn't recommend making an ISP's email address your main email address as you may not always be a customer of that ISP and some ISP's have been known to restrict POP/SMTP access to people on their own network so if you move to another ISP it can make it a little awkward to continue getting your email the way you want to.

you would be much better off using something like hotmail (now windows live mail, msn etc) or gmail as a primary email account so you know you will always have easy access to it no matter where you are or what ISP you use.

Both gmail and hotmail have very nice web interfaces these days giving you full functionality as well as a 1gb mailbox and can be set up with either an Outlook or any other mail application and you can pretty much guarantee that both Microsoft and Google will be around as long as the internet is, so you'll never have to worry about having to change your email address even if you do change your ISP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

Vibe's right.

Using a third party would be best.
    I have a upcmail address, but rarely use it.
    Still have my old Eircom one too, but haven't opened it in years.

gmail would be the way to go, IMO.

Advertisement