Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

18th Birthday last night.. Everything was geared up to be a great night had my friends out with me and everything was going well. Had 2 cans of bulmers pear and 2 cans of normal bulmers as i felt the sunny weather warranted a few cans of cider. We then went to the pub before clubing . It was in the pub that my friend commented on the downright disgusting smell of my farts which were comming out of me non stop. I felt an uncontrolable urge to go to the toilet and take an allmighty ****. Sat on the bowl and had to endure steamy, Stingy,liquidy ****e flush out my hole. When i looked in the toilet bowl to see what i had just doen i nearly passed out with the sight and smell that met me. Thankfully the night passed off without any other ****ting incident but this morning and all today i was as sick as a plane to lourdes. Vomitin and ****ein all day, Moral of the story NEVER EVER drink bulmers pear again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Clemon wrote: »
    18th Birthday last night.. Everything was geared up to be a great night had my friends out with me and everything was going well. Had 2 cans of bulmers pear and 2 cans of normal bulmers as i felt the sunny weather warranted a few cans of cider. We then went to the pub before clubing . It was in the pub that my friend commented on the downright disgusting smell of my farts which were comming out of me non stop. I felt an uncontrolable urge to go to the toilet and take an allmighty ****. Sat on the bowl and had to endure steamy, Stingy,liquidy ****e flush out my hole. When i looked in the toilet bowl to see what i had just doen i nearly passed out with the sight and smell that met me. Thankfully the night passed off without any other ****ting incident but this morning and all today i was as sick as a plane to lourdes. Vomitin and ****ein all day, Moral of the story NEVER EVER drink bulmers pear again.

Might have been the fact you are 18 bless you and to much drink that induced all that ****ting and vomiting. As it says its a laxative not a vomit inducing drug:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

thegen wrote: »
    Might have been the fact you are 18 bless you and to much drink that induced all that ****ting and vomiting. As it says its a laxative not a vomit inducing drug:rolleyes:
    Might be the fact that i only had 4 cans before ****ting my bowls down the toilet. You can shove them rolleyes up your rectum too ya cynical muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ridges

The last FAQ on the bulmers website....

http://www.bulmers.ie/about-us/faqs.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

ridges wrote: »
    The last FAQ on the bulmers website....

http://www.bulmers.ie/about-us/faqs.asp

One of the best first posts ever . . .!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

bulmers pear and chinese is a very bad mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Bulmers Prune no doubt the next one to make it's debut...

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

phasers wrote: »
    Cider is for working class people[/QUOT/

And your meaning is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Condi wrote: »

Yeah I noticed that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Garthy

Only just starting drinking Bulmer's Pear in the last month and on the 2 or 3 occasions where I've tried it before it was always just 1 bottle as I've been driving.

Decided last night as I saw an offer in Tesco of 4 for £5 I'd give it a go at home with a film and like so many have said on here after the 3rd without any warning I was in the loo 4 times in 15 minutes! It was only then because I didn't know what was happening to me and never had the trots come on so quickly before I Googled "Pear Cider diarrhoea," and ended up here on this forum.

In a way I'm glad I have discovered the effects now as am due to go to a festival in a month and was going to get a case of this to take. NO WAY NOW. Do not want to be spending any longer in festival portaloos than I have to!!

And as for the "New Recipe" some of you mention - well perhaps that one hasn't been released in the UK yet?!

I have sent an email to consumercare@bulmers.com which is the email on the back on the bottle and look forward to seeing what they say!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

wats the new cider berry like anybody dare taste or try it yet or am i best sticking to the tried and tested original bulmers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kool&TheGang

Bulmers Berry - it's Ribena for adults...wouldn't be a big fan of it

The original of the species seems to be the only man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Jesus, I thought it was just me. I was out last night, had five bottles of the stuff, about 20yards from my door and well...... lets just say I didn't make it to the jacks in time but I was still going when I got there and destroyed myself and the bathroom, it went everywhere, pure liquid:o. Took me nearly 2hrs to clean up. It was 4 o' clock and I was sober again I got to bed.

Thank god I didn't meet an nice girl and bring her home with me last night is all I can say.

hahaha I just burst out laughing in the middle of the office reading that :D:D hahaha oh no I've a fit of the giggles now :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

OSI wrote: »
    The only man? It's drunk by 16 year old culchies, women that can't take anything stronger, and the constipated. Hardly the man of any kind.

I love Bulmers! I love the fizzy taste of it. I don't like lager, spirits are too strong and at this stage it's the only thing that I know I can handle. I'm so delighted I didn't try the bulmers pear though, and after reading this thread I'm a bit nervous about trying the Berry :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Bulmers Berry will lead to an increase in Dangleberries :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The only man? It's drunk by 16 year old culchies, women that can't take anything stronger, and the constipated. Hardly the man of any kind.

Yeah, you tell the truth.

Meanwhile in the real world, the berry flavoured Bulmers isn't too bad. Bought a few cans last week and had no issues that required a toilet afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The original Bulmers used to give me this 'phenomenon'!!!

No word of a lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Never touching the stuff again, had like 6 bottles and woke up in the middle of the night with cramps, the poor jax didn't know what hit it totally annihilated. Me ring was red raw after, luckily there was plenty of tissue but in the the jax fought back and refuse to accept what happened by blocking itself. Very messy busy this pear stuff is all together and its no wonder the bulmers staff were so reluctant to embrace the pear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Oh so bulmers is for wimps and culchies? And what do you drink sir? bacardi breezers? they are for queers or hadnt you been told :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Teutorix wrote: »
    Oh so bulmers is for wimps and culchies? And what do you drink sir? bacardi breezers? they are for queers or hadnt you been told :rolleyes:

Lit petrol. And castrol gtx for chaser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PaulyK

Thanks for that! I thought I was the only one! Don't care though it's like free calories as I have a lax addiction anyway! BTW it's all pear cider not just Bulmers!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

wats the new cider berry like anybody dare taste or try it yet or am i best sticking to the tried and tested original bulmers

Tastes like someone dropped a packet of strawberry Hubba-Bubba into a bottle of Domestos and decided to run it through a Soda-Stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

i look up price of 6 cans of bulmers and this is the first thing that comes up.. great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Hosed out a sheet of ripe scutther, which left the pot like a plasterers radio, after a feed of Bulmer's Pear.

Soon as I bent down, she fizzed out like fcuking Bottled Bass.

All over the kip.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Martell brandy does the trick for me.

Brief bit of 'sea spray' type of stuff at the start, followed by a rapid fire round of of sh1t missiles being hammered into the pan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Martell brandy does the trick for me.

Brief bit of 'sea spray' type of stuff at the start, followed by a rapid fire round of of sh1t missiles being hammered into the pan.

Beware the poetically described 'sea spray 'effect.

Reminds me sometimes of those Katherine wheel fireworks that blast off on all directions.

Always check the trews for collateral and such an event.

Usually a sea spray 'ignition' is followed by a blow of sludge, but the Express obviously had some 'chain fire' experience.

Hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

kotenburg cider is worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Had a nightmare weekend after a night on this ****e, haven't touched it since and that was 12 months ago.... sitting in the bogs in busy pubs is a ****ing disaster.... piss and ****e everywhere and all you can so is sprint in and sit down as fast as you can... then after Montezuma's Revenge has passed you then realise you sitting in "horribleness" NEVER again will I touch it and hope it goes out of production quick.

Advertisement