Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

kotenburg cider is worse!
    that should be kopparberg! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wledue

not sure if anyone still reads these posts but I have to say I wish I wouldve before starting to drink this stuff.....
    I decided that strongbow was giving me too much grief in my stomach (no runs though) so a friend suggested that I should try bulmers pear....hmmmm I have to say just 1 or 2 would give anyone that is constipated immediate relief!!! I only have a problem when I drink either Bulmers or Magners, to all you fellow sufferers I have acquired a love for pear cider so have now started drinking Koppaberg and you know what......NO RUNS :D lolol ( just wish my local would start serving it :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

No-one needed an update on your bowel movements.

wasnt giving you an update on them namlub but than obviously you missed the point of the post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Namlub wrote: »

I did.

Anyway, summer's here now - it's time for sunshine, beer gardens and getting a fierce dose of the scutters because of Pear Bulmers! Huzzah!

• Advertisement

I did.

Anyway, summer's here now - it's time for sunshine, beer gardens and getting a fierce dose of the scutters because of Pear Bulmers! Huzzah!

Cool Super_Furry!!! Although as I said I recommend Koppaberg lol cant wait for long warm days and spending it in the beer gardens lololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

wledue wrote: »
    wasnt giving you an update on them namlub but than obviously you missed the point of the post :rolleyes:
    "update on pear cider + runs lolol"
    ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Why are peoples stories about having the sh!ts so funny?

Was gonna get some of this at the weekend, guess I will stick with just plain aul bulmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Why are peoples stories about having the sh!ts so funny?

Was gonna get some of this at the weekend, guess I will stick with just plain aul bulmers.

I think they've fixed it with their 'new recipe', i dont drink it because I'm a grown-up and drink grown-up drinks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah they fixed it but it now tastes like nail varnish remover.koppaberg is fairly bad too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I think they've fixed it with their 'new recipe', i dont drink it because I'm a grown-up and drink grown-up drinks!!!
    Ah now I say it would go well with a BBQ.

Hmmm may buy 1 or 2 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 opm

I did.

And I did too. That's the very purpose of this thread.

It's been a while since I posted, but it's time to share again. Not a tale of extreme liquidity this time; in fact it's a theory on a possible antidote.

I've a bad cold at the moment, and as a consequence am keeping myself heavily medicated. Lemsip and Solpadeine are my drugs of choice, and they seem to be having an interesting side effect in the arena of intestinal movement.

I'd like to discuss Ninja poos. That's right my friends - stools so highly skilled they leave not a trace behind. Or should I say, not a trace on my behind. Loo paper is an optional extra, used only to confirm the stealth of the turd, after which it could be put back for future use. I sh1t you not, and lately my poos sh1t me not. These magical steamers are also effortless I might add - they're not pushed out, they are simply released into the wild. Halcyon days my friends, halcyon days.

And now to the point. The question is, if the source of these wonder poos is really the Lemsip and Solpadeine combination, could they be somehow used to counteract the infamous sh1t-storm which only a night on the Bulmer's Pear (original receipe) can induce?

It almost goes without saying that a sh1t stream which somehow leaves not a trace would not be the desired outcome. What we'd be looking for here is to swap the liquid for a change in consistency brought about by the meds. The relief of not being turned inside-out by the pear would be worth losing the Ninja attributes and having the labour of taking care of the unavoidable streak or two of the brown stuff.

My cold will leave me soon. Until then, I shall continue to take notes.

"update on pear cider + runs lolol"
    ok

yeah but most ppl actually read the post, before putting a stupid comment: funnily enough you seemed to have been proven wrong as other ppl have commented in a more "interested" way ( but than they obviously read the post not just the title :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Had a brace of Koppars after a game of golf yesterday, blew a fairly bright coloured runny lad into the pot this morning.

Nothing too alarming though, shot through nice and clean, kept nicely intact .

So softly, softly, will be the Flutther's approach to this product.

Had a brace of Koppars after a game of golf yesterday, blew a fairly bright coloured runny lad into the pot this morning.

Nothing too alarming though, shot through nice and clean, kept nicely intact .

So softly, softly, will be the Flutther's approach to this product.

weird though how some pear ciders will do that to a person but others won't, as I said yday the koppaberg is always good to me lolol

But than pears are laxatives hehe

lolololol just found this on the Bulmers website after asking them why they still havent solved the side effect :

"Bulmers Pear contains a significant level of high quality, pear juice. Like prunes, plums and grapes, pears contain naturally occurring substances which, depending on the quantity consumed and the sensitivity of the individual involved, may not agree with every individual.

Bulmers stresses that these ingredients are NATURALLY OCCURING in the Pear Juice and not anything that Bulmers have added to the product.

Like any alcoholic drink, we recommend moderate consumption of Bulmers Pear and every consumer should enjoy it sensibly."

Talking about taking absolutely NO responsibility at all hahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭jomc

wledue wrote: »
    lolololol just found this on the Bulmers website after asking them why they still havent solved the side effect :

"Bulmers Pear contains a significant level of high quality, pear juice. Like prunes, plums and grapes, pears contain naturally occurring substances which, depending on the quantity consumed and the sensitivity of the individual involved, may not agree with every individual.

Bulmers stresses that these ingredients are NATURALLY OCCURING in the Pear Juice and not anything that Bulmers have added to the product.

Like any alcoholic drink, we recommend moderate consumption of Bulmers Pear and every consumer should enjoy it sensibly."

Talking about taking absolutely NO responsibility at all hahahahahahaha

Welcome to the thread :rolleyes:

jomc wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread :rolleyes:

was already here for a few days was merely pointing out that after 2 yrs there was still sweet FA done and that the same msg is still on the bulmers website.

And btw as suspected no reply from them at all :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tried the Bulmers pear for the first time, had a few bottles down the pub

The OP speaks the truth
    Powerful laxative!

A few posts back a poster mentioned a new recipe. Well it ain't working.
    Who designed this, what are they doing down in Tipp?

Bulmers Berry - it's Ribena for adults...wouldn't be a big fan of it

This is also true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

ah Flutt, what happened him in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Having a can of Bulmers pear, an hour later you think you're actually sh*tting the whole can out

Its actually shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Pantsface wrote: »
    Having a can of Bulmers pear, an hour later you think you're actually sh*tting the whole can out

Its actually shocking

And scary when it happens and you have no clue why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

The big question is why are people continuing to drink it in the knowledge that it will give them the ****es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

This has never happened to me drinking several cans of bulmers pear. You people are probabyl drinking some bulmers pear, 15 black Russians, 10 jagerbombs, a dodgy curry, and then blaming the pear cause you don't usually drink it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Maybe you have a stomach made of steel

Bulmers Pear causes havoc for the rest of us :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not all of us, doesn't do a thing to me.

having said that, i've kind of gone off it and gone back to the regular stuff. never did try the berry one tho and i do quite like ribena. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

vibe666 wrote: »
    not all of us, doesn't do a thing to me.

having said that, i've kind of gone off it and gone back to the regular stuff. never did try the berry one tho and i do quite like ribena. :)

That tapwater of yours must have made you immune to all kinds of poison :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Another bump?

Everytime I see Bulmers Pear I think of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 brfc1875

Strange but true as we had a bit I summer I got the taste for pear bulmers, had no reaction drinking it any day of the week !!

Except Thursdays when I play squash the last 3 Thursday's I have had 2 bottles in the pub after and I have pi$€d out my arse about an hour later and am typing this from the throne !!

Is it because I'm dehydrated or what ??

I couldn't believe it when I started typing pear bulmers in google and it suggested dioreah I would have **** myself
    If I hadn't already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

They said they changed the recipe, but I'm not risking it. The perfect cure for constipation though.

Advertisement