Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

No side effects for me and it's been my regular drink since it has basically come out.

On an unrelated but related note, when it first came out, my brother had the following exchange with a barman in a certain nightclub;

Brother: Do you sell Bulmers Pear?

Barman: What?

Brother: Bulmers Pear Cider.

Barman: Sorry we don't sell gay drinks.

Brother: Ah c'mon that's an out and out lie, what about the multiple fridges full of WKD so?

Barman: *laughs in defeat*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Coffee usually does the trick for me. One cup and the inside of the toilet bowl looks like the top of a McDonalds chocolate sundae.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I tried it in England a few weeks back.

Not impressed. A bit tasteless and not much to differentiate from apple cidar. Not as fizzy and just a tad sweeter. I might as well have been drinking normal apple cidar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Aidric wrote: »
    And the homeless. Don't forget the homeless.

Welcome to Ireland, the homeless are the new working class!!!

If you work for a living, you are working class...end of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

If you work for a living, you are working class...end of.

What about if you work just because you like it and you don't need the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

DonJose wrote: »
    Welcome to Ireland, the homeless are the new working class!!!

Well minus the working part:pac:.

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    What about if you work just because you like it and you don't need the money?

Then you are not working for a living..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I like cider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

*puts down his bowl of cocopops*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

phasers wrote: »
    Cider is for working class people

It's a perry not a cider...actually its probably just an alcho-pop like kopparberg.

anyway bulmers in awful muck... 4.5%? **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I too have "pissed out my arse" after the Pear Bulmers. It only dawned on me the second time/night that it was the drink. And then I drank it again the third time.

Its tasty. Way nicer than Kopparberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

and Homosexuals..........don't forget the homosexuals.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Ive had it twice and ive had no side effect! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Fortified wine is for the real homeless. Only the yuppie, wannabe homeless drink cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

Next time you have bad diarrhoea, I mean the totally watery stuff.

Swallow a few spoonfuls of sweetcorn without chewing them at all.

It doesn't help at all, but your body doesn't digest them so they pop out whole.

Feels funny, looks funny, is funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's a perry not a cider...actually its probably just an alcho-pop like kopparberg.

anyway bulmers in awful muck... 4.5%? **** off.
    wikipedia wrote:
    Perry is an alcoholic beverage made of fermented pear juice. It is similar to cider, in that it is made using a similar process and often has a similar alcoholic content, up to 8.5% alcohol by volume. The term Pear Cider is sometimes used, and is equivalent to perry.

don't try to be clever with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

phasers wrote: »
    don't try to be clever with me
    I wouldn't dream of it madam.

But I do enjoy cider (I do work, but not yet homeless:p) and Bulmers is the second worst cider i have ever tasted (the worst being Frosty Jacks) and I am constantly astonished by the thousands of seemingly normal intelligent people I see drinking it every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I have been told by hardend drinkers that have tried it that its best to drink while sitting on the pot.

light may not pass through you but the sh!t will. Enbrace the pear. Embrace the jax

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Is "Bulmers Pear Cider" not just Ritz re-packaged to get blokes to drink it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Sean_Ludawg

5318008! wrote: »
    lol. Now i know what to buy people whenever it's my round :D!

Pure genius.....
    Take a bow!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's more of a perry than a pear cider :pac:

I found it nice enough, no taste off it really, when it's chilled a lot. BUt I will be buying it again all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Thought it was just me, was on an all day session sunday, started off with a few bottles of this. After about 6 bottles I had an explosive reaction, literally spent 20 minutes on the jacks.

Wasn't nice, after readin this I won't be goin near it again!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I too have "pissed out my arse" after the Pear Bulmers. It only dawned on me the second time/night that it was the drink. And then I drank it again the third time.

Its tasty. Way nicer than Kopparberg.

Sacrilege! Nothing beats the Kopparberg!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I find the kopperberg too sweet. Enough of them drank will grant me this strange head-**** headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

speaking of cider
    has anyone tried that new DIXONS CIDER .

my girlfriend likes to make a hot toddy out of it .she heats it up in a pot .

she loves " hot dixons cider ":D:D:D
    The fact that you had to explain that shows how bad it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Fiend-Foe

I find the kopperberg too sweet. Enough of them drank will grant me this strange head-**** headache.

Yeah its sickly sweet, not something you can drink a lot of. Its more like an alco-pop than a proper cider.

I hate alco-pops and stuff, alcoholic drinks are supposed to taste like alcohol. Thats the point. If you don't want to taste the alcohol and just drink to get drunk, you shouldn't be drinking imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Three of us drank it today for the first time, 4 pints each. All three of us are now in agony with diahorrea and stomach cramps. First thing in the morning I'm writing to C&C to ask them to stop selling this sh!t. Literally. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's the sulphites I tells ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

I'll never touch a drop of the stuff again...ever!

Its a cruel, sick and twisted joke by Bulmers.

Advertisement