Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the best laxative known to man is orange juice and a mug of strong coffee, it makes you shyte through the eye of a needle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

I had half a can the other night and I was ill the next day. Not willing to try the stuff again. Didn't taste that nice either...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

sunnyjim wrote: »
    I had half a can the other night and I was ill the next day. Not willing to try the stuff again. Didn't taste that nice either...

Half a can and you were sick all the next day, your some light weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Any time I've had it it's been fine cold, but if the glass lingers and it gets warm it's like drinking boiled 7up - you can feel your teeth rotting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I had a few cans of it and I was fine ... I feel quite lucky now, going on other people's reactions to it!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

5318008! wrote: »
    lol. Now i know what to buy people whenever it's my round :D!
    Pardon my ignorance but isn't it their choice what you buy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Half a can and you were sick all the next day, your some light weight!

Not all day. Just bad cramps etc that's been mentioned. I don't think it was the alcohol content tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

OK I am a total Raging Alcho! I drink at least 4-5 pints
    of Cider 7 days a week,

I love Cider! Inches Stone house Cider is the best
    (when you cant get Hudsen Blue) Bulmers tends
    to be too expensive, and their half strength stuff is Crazy Priced.

With Regards to the Whole Pear Cider mularkey Bulmers
    They got on the band wagon a little too late.

I've noticed if you drink a lot of Pear Cider regardless of brand that your "wee" starts smelling of Roses and will
    most likely glow in the dark! More often than not you may get more air "passing" than normal,
    occasionally some upset stomach difficulties with regards to cramps etc.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

chem wrote: »
    Tried the new pear bulmers last night. Love the taste etc...... but dont enjoy the side effects :eek: spent most of the night in the jacks!!! And it wasnt my head in the bowl. Has anyone else had this side effect with bulmers pear?

Its a peruvian pear apple ffs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ek82

this stuff is a nightmare, was pretty much crippled with pain last nite, how do they get away with selling this crap, embrace the pear my a**e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have a feed of Guinness then see how your bowel movements are the next day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

Reoil wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but isn't it their choice what you buy them?

ha, maybe in rich man land :rolleyes:.

In college it's whoever's paying that gets to decide, if you don't like it you can buy your own drink :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I am drinking this now-lets see if i survive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its usually prune juice that does it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

bullets,

Where can you still get Hudsen?
    Havn't drank that in year, I was the only one buying if from my local offo.
    bullets wrote: »
    OK I am a total Raging Alcho! I drink at least 4-5 pints
    of Cider 7 days a week,

I love Cider! Inches Stone house Cider is the best
    (when you cant get Hudsen Blue) Bulmers tends
    to be too expensive, and their half strength stuff is Crazy Priced.

With Regards to the Whole Pear Cider mularkey Bulmers
    They got on the band wagon a little too late.

I've noticed if you drink a lot of Pear Cider regardless of brand that your "wee" starts smelling of Roses and will
    most likely glow in the dark! More often than not you may get more air "passing" than normal,
    occasionally some upset stomach difficulties with regards to cramps etc.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Had 6 bottles of it last weekend, no side effects.

I guess it only effects men with vaginas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i probably had 10+ pints last night and i would like to make a public apology to the black guys in the gents that i had to visit every 20min.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

very weird. had 10+ pint bbottles ona night out and no ill effects whatsoever. not even a hint of a hangover, and i normally get a wicked hangover after a feed of the apple version. i've aqctually had a couple of cans of it this evening and i've had plenty since it came out, pretty much replacing my apple bulmers habit completely (which is a good thing) and not a single side effect and no hangovers at all, not to mention i'm liking it more than the apple one too.

i was actually contemplating mentioning how great it was here, but never did and now i see a thread full of a$$ squirters on this thread i'm kinda glad I didn't.

I think Caliden might be right though. what have you lot been drinking before now, babycham? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Thats a good point... i had a few nights out on it with no side effects...
    maybe bulmers used the good pears for the first few batchs so people would get the taste of it then changed over to the bottom of the tree resession pears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

Had four pint bottles in quick succession last night as i was in a rush, about an hour later i was clenching and legging it to the jacks! Couldn't beleive it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Now I haven't any conclusive proof here, but they say the pears cause a clench in the sphinct.

I had about four flagons last night and was walking home when a I got a bit of a wrenching in the lower gut area.

I was with my girlfriend and was a bit embarrassed as I had planned boning her later but the fcukin innards were at bursting point as I passed a park .

"Scuse hon" says I and took off into some shrubbery ,dropped the kex, pointed the muzzle at the bushes and sprayed the fcukers with saffron midden ripe as diced pineapples.

Left the hole well clagged so any intimate stuff had to be put on hold.

Couldn't have her going down on ground zero:cool:

Won't touch the stuff again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

It's disgusting! Pear koppaberg is the king!!!! koppaberg all the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ana ng

5-6 pints of it at the weekend, grand stuff, no side effects at all...friend of mine did have some cramps next day, but their a lightweight anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭antichrist

Had 5 cans on Friday night(29/05), just to try the stuff....my bowels are only starting to get back to normal now. Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

i think the pear one tastes really similar to the normal one... but there were no side effects for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Had about five pints of it the other night, felt like my insides were being sucked out an airlock. Won't be touching that stuff again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭paddy smith

i had 4 large bottles of this new pear cider last monday and i had evacuate the house and get the jacks dismantled,
    me arse will never be the same again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

had 3 large bottles last friday barely made in my apartment door :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

The best laxative known to man is a single packet of those bloody Wrigley's Extra Ice mints.
    NEVER eat them on public transport, whatever you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Heard nothing but complaints about this drink's laxative effects, thank **** i haven't bought (or been tricked into buying) a bottle yet.

Is there a reason behind this? Loike was there a bad batch or was it just not correctly tested before it made the market? If they had have tested it at all they would be a ware of this side effect surely

Advertisement