Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

So are we waiting on replies from Bulmers or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

while we're waiting any chance of photos from the "bowl" ?

they could be rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    while we're waiting any chance of photos from the "bowl" ?

they could be rated.
    I think that we would need to put a special disclaimer against puke damage to keyboards.

It wont be pretty :pac:

was meeting some mates last night in town for a few pints and some food. decided to try a couple of pint bottles of this stuff out of curiousity. went to gourmet burger after for some food. went for another pint or two subsequently - changed back to guiness at this stage. were changing bars and I suddenly had a washing machine on full spin cycle where my stomach used to be. decided that beeline to nearest toilet was in order. there were two stalls - one was mercifullly free (subsequently saw sign that you have to request key for the sh1tters so I was shined on from above that some punter had left the door open). barely got the kacks down as mt. vesuvius erupted from my ass. was cursing gourmet burger and their chicken, bacon and avocado number until a mate spotted something in the paper about the unwanted effects of this stuff this morning. will not be going near it again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So this stuff will clear me out and get me drunk unlike fibre?

Sounds too good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

glasso wrote: »
    was meeting some mates last night in town for a few pints and some food. decided to try a couple of pint bottles of this stuff out of curiousity. went to gourmet burger after for some food. went for another pint or two subsequently - changed back to guiness at this stage. were changing bars and I suddenly had a washing machine on full spin cycle where my stomach used to be. decided that beeline to nearest toilet was in order. there were two stalls - one was mercifullly free (subsequently saw sign that you have to request key for the sh1tters so I was shined on from above that some punter had left the door open). barely got the kacks down as mt. vesuvius erupted from my ass. was cursing gourmet burger and their chicken, bacon and avocado number until a mate spotted something in the paper about the unwanted effects of this stuff this morning. will not be going near it again...
    JAysis, pear bulmers AND Guinness! Thats some combo.
    Whats with the adverts for bulmers pear saying that they have taken decades to be converted to make the pear cider. Pear cider is really Perry and the company that own bulmers also produce other perry like Ritz etc.

So this stuff will clear me out and get me drunk unlike fibre?

Sounds too good to be true

Your anus will be very sore though if it goes on for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭jiltloop

There was a story in the paper about this the other day, apearantly <sorry> pears contain a natural laxative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jane says

Reporting on my second night of Bulmers Pears drinking.

No adverse effects this time either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

Page 23 of the mirror today, mentions boards and this thread...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭D Audio Tripper

chem wrote: »
    Tried the new pear bulmers last night. Love the taste etc...... but dont enjoy the side effects :eek: spent most of the night in the jacks!!! And it wasnt my head in the bowl. Has anyone else had this side effect with bulmers pear?

Your famous! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Drank it one night and will never drink it again.Had to Barry White at least 8 times in a 6 hour period.My hole was like a chewed orange afterwards.

Its bloody tasty though.

renraw wrote: »

Ha. Good to see journos putting in hard work researching stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Benson & Hedges Duty Free "Special Filter" fags.
    It's like Renton coming down off his heroine hit every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jesus, I thought it was just me. I was out last night, had five bottles of the stuff, about 20yards from my door and well...... lets just say I didn't make it to the jacks in time but I was still going when I got there and destroyed myself and the bathroom, it went everywhere, pure liquid:o. Took me nearly 2hrs to clean up. It was 4 o' clock and I was sober again I got to bed.

Thank god I didn't meet an nice girl and bring her home with me last night is all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Had a few cans to no ill effect sittin in the sunshine about 2 weeks ago. Then i heard someone sayin on the radio that it was a bit runny and i laughed, i thought "not me". Anyway last weekend i had 2 cans in the house and 5 bottles down the pub and about 10 minutes after i got home i was sittin chattin to the missus when a thought suddenly struck me. That thought was " eh, what the fuk is that?". That thought didnt last too long tbh as another thought struck me, only this thought struck faster and harder. I made it to the thone and spent the next 5 minutes thinkin "holy fuk, its still goin?"

I had a scope done 2 years ago and the laxative they gave me before that was only marginally more powerful

Something tells me Bulmers pear is going to be a massive hit with all the wannabe models

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

renraw wrote: »

Ha yeah I just saw that myself, how old is this thread? And The Mirror are only doing an article on it now.:pac:

I also loved the spokesman for C&C's response "feedback has been good but we will definitely take these complaints seriously." Sure you will Bulmers.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

jane says wrote: »
    Reporting on my second night of Bulmers Pears drinking.

No adverse effects this time either.

Oh it's only a matter of time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

That stuff about "naturally occuring chemical in pears" is a load of crap, never had anything like that going on with Kopparberg Pear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

The Flutt must be devasted he wasn't quoted in that article, as boards.ie resident expert on all things of a toiletary nature.

• Advertisement

Had my first bowel express 2day. Thought i was imune to the powers of the pear but had around 5 pints of the stuff this afternoon and the guts were gasping. Luckily i hadnt eaten much today so i could dispatch the gas without too much comotion and solid waste :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

Jesus, I thought it was just me. I was out last night, had five bottles of the stuff, about 20yards from my door and well...... lets just say I didn't make it to the jacks in time but I was still going when I got there and destroyed myself and the bathroom, it went everywhere, pure liquid:o. Took me nearly 2hrs to clean up. It was 4 o' clock and I was sober again I got to bed.

Thank god I didn't meet an nice girl and bring her home with me last night is all I can say.

Jaysus!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I only had one pint last wekk,and no side effects!
    But I have heard other people say the same:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Chris Redmond

I completely agree, had 4 cans of it last night and was like a power washer for the rest of the night. It's a balls because it pretty much ruins your night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just had a single can and feel a bit gassy.

Gonna go for the full colonic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Man I hope no one drinks this for oxegen Iv heard bad enough storys about the toilets at oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

basquille wrote: »
    Just had a single can and feel a bit gassy.

Gonna go for the full colonic!

Man why did you do it, it wasn't that much of a bargain! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Anyone noticed they are giving this stuff away free now?

Was in a bar in town, and it was being given out, well thanks to this thread I left mine untouched, and recommended the other lads stay off theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

chem wrote: »
    Folks not messing ........this stuff should be on pe(a)rcription only. The stomach was like a bubble machine gone nuts. After the 3rd :rolleyes: pint it was like pulling the pin on a grenade. Only 10 seconds to get rid of it:o Is it an evil joke by Bulmers R&D department?

Chem, your post was in the Irish Mail on Sunday :D Page 38, 'Quotes Of The Week' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I can confirm this. Was out on tuesday and had about 4 bottles of the stuff, spent about half an hour in the jax afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Overflow wrote: »
    I can confirm this. Was out on tuesday and had about 4 bottles of the stuff, spent about half an hour in the jax afterwards!

Why did you have 4 bottles after all the smelly reports here? ;)

I only have had one bottle/can in a row so far, don't think i'd dare drink more after reading this thread :)

Advertisement