Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

Alicat wrote: »
    Chem, your post was in the Irish Mail on Sunday :D Page 38, 'Quotes Of The Week' :pac:

There is a whole page on this thread on yesterdays sunday world! Quoting loads posts, including Chem again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

renraw wrote: »
    Page 23 of the mirror today, mentions boards and this thread...:)

hahaha that's priceless!
    greenfly wrote: »
    There is a whole page on this thread on yesterdays sunday world! Quoting loads posts, including Chem again ;)

Any chance of putting up some pics?

I dont actually have the paper at the moment, ill try to get some up later on tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Have the paper in front of me here, The Irish Mail on Sunday!

"The stomach was like a bubble machine gone nuts. After the third pint, it was like pulling the pin on a grenade - One of many angry customers complaining on internet messageboards about Pear Bulmers, which apparently has a laxative effect."

If I can, I'll take a photo of it and put it up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

It is disgraceful.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Alicat wrote: »
    Chem, your post was in the Irish Mail on Sunday :D Page 38, 'Quotes Of The Week' :pac:
    greenfly wrote: »
    Have the paper in front of me here, The Irish Mail on Sunday!

"The stomach was like a bubble machine gone nuts. After the third pint, it was like pulling the pin on a grenade - One of many angry customers complaining on internet messageboards about Pear Bulmers, which apparently has a laxative effect."

I'd say there's some poor bastard in Bulmer's doubled over with the sh*t this morning!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Do boards get paid when journalists steal borrow the content?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Do boards get paid when journalists steal borrow the content?

No, but Chem got a promotional crate of Bulmers pear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

CutzEr wrote: »
    No, but Chem got a promotional crate of Bulmers pear.

Oh dear! What have I done :eek: I didnt get a crate yet Cutz:( I dont think Bulmers would be sending me a xmas card this year!

Emailed bulmers afew weeks ago, and got the same reply as everyone else. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the meeting today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Now with added poll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I thought that it was great at first but yeah, the novelty has worn off.

Sorry guys, my mistake was actually the Mirror that it was in didnt read the papers on Saturady..:o

Its already been posted here aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hello John.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Mate had a few of these tonight. Told him about this thread. Said he'd had a few on Saturday and felt grand. after about five tonight he spent 40 minutes of an hour on the jacks bowl, came back twice during the hour but had to head back in to the stink. he feels violated. i told him he looked like he'd lost weight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Diarrhea is really smelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

€2 million worth of advertising, destroyed by the ramblings of some builder on a message board. Only Don Draper can save Bulmers pear now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I drink bulmers pear all the time and have never suffered a bout of the aul Montezumas revenge.

Are they scrapping bulmers pear now?
    One of the lads mentioned it to me last night but he could be talking through his hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

YES ! I tried some of this a while ago and my god i shat slurpies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Zico wrote: »
    €2 million worth of advertising, destroyed by the ramblings of some builder on a message board. Only Don Draper can save Bulmers pear now.

It's money in the bank mate. Money in the sh!t encrusted bank

God bless the Flutt

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cul-2008

Drank this myself recently and have to say I like it, nice and light.

I work in a bar myself, and I was told that years ago if you had constipation, the doctor would tell you to eat pears - et voila...Embrace the Pear.

Says it all really...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

I've decided to ignore this thread and bought loads of this stuff for tonight. I'll report back later with any bowel movements*

*I may be drunk

Edit: OMFG MY ASSHOLE IS BEING RIPPED APART BY THE MUDFLOW. IT FEELS LIKE SOMEONE IS PULLING A ROPE OUT OF MY ASS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'll report back later with any bowel movements

Don't forget the meeja are watching this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Well thats going to nothing.

5x 560ml bottles, which to me would be an average night out, (not legless and can still remember everything state) will clear your system out good and proper.

It did for me, people say I look like I lost weight since that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just picked up a box of 8 pint bottles in asda for £5.

javaboy wrote: »
    Original post edited ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

javaboy wrote: »

I think it's hilarious how a few of the tabloids ran stories based on this thread! - Some of the quotes they used were very graphic as well - Feel bad for poor old ladies flicking through the paper with their bowl of Alpen in the morning :p

I've only had Pear Bulmers once ... had two cans and no complaints!
    I'm scared to drink it now though, from everything I've read in here! Seems like drinking it would be just ASKING for trouble.

Out of interest, has anyone had any problems with other brands of pear cider, or are the side-effects subject to Bulmer's only?

I haven't had problems with Bulmers or Kopparberg :) Although I dont' see Kopparberg having a question about diarrhoea in the FAQs on their site...the same can't be said for Bulmers Pear!

Also, incase the meeja are watching..

LEAVE MJ ALONE! :(

• Advertisement

Ok so spoke too soon obviously....

Advertisement