Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers pear (best laxative known to man?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

This thread is also mentioned in today's Sunday Tribune. Hence me coming to have a look. I haven't touched cider in years and by the sounds of it this pear stuff appears to be the work of the devil.

Can someone please think about the children !;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Andy(mike)Lowry

I think ive figured it out,
    You've all seen the ad's for bulmers pear where the lads working in bulmers wont "embrace the pear"? clearly they've put something evil in it to spite anyone who drinks it!
    lol

on a serious note me and 3 other lads were on holiday in santa ponsa a few weeks back, one of the days it was 38'c so we stayed in the pub, drank what was a refreshing pear drink, well after 8 bottles each the 4 of us spent the entire eving/night taking turns on the jacks and missed out on a hole night of the holiday!

My sis had sent them an email and the only thing they could reply with was,

"As you may know, Bulmers Pear is made with 100% Pear Juice for a great refreshing taste. Pear, Along with an assortment of fruit are natural laxitives . . ."

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is every thread on After Hours about taking a sh1t? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

How long does it take to 'kick in' generally?

Is it as good as this?!

Wretched! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOyxm5R63RM&feature=PlayList&p=9F5BED06494D407E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Unkydysfunky

Ended up doing a google search about Bulmers and the squits and I ended up here.

I actually stopped drinking the apple one a while back due to ending up on the bog about 3-4 pints in to a session, proper runny stuff as well it was, and when I needed to go I had to bloody go. So I called it a day with the stuff. Then last week my mate said "they got pear Bulmers for 5 quid a box at Asda, do yer want me to pick yer some up" stupid question and to good to refuse IMO 2 boxes please.

How stupid was I, last night I tucked into a box and after 6 of them that feeling in my stomach turned up again so I went to the bog, I actually thought my insides where gonna fall out, water was gushing out with little lumps in it. 2 hours and 10 trips to the bog later it finally stopped. In over 16 years of drinking ive never known nothing like it.

Funny thing was I told my mate this morning and he said "do yer wanna sell me the other box back" I await the pictures if the 'Bulmers Blitz' round teh bog.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Was in Cork at the weekend.

It was everywhere!

I'd say 1 in 5 were drinking it. I kept laughing whenever I saw someone with a bottle, they clearly had no idea why!
    Felt like saying "Give it 20 minutes and you'll understand!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JMcCR

It actually is on the FAQ (well sort of...) :eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. Does Bulmers Pear have any side effects?"
    Bulmers Pear contains a significant level of high quality, pear juice. Like prunes, plums and grapes, pears contain naturally occurring substances which, depending on the quantity consumed and the sensitivity of the individual involved, may not agree with every individual.

Bulmers stresses that these ingredients are NATURALLY OCCURING in the Pear Juice and not anything that Bulmers have added to the product.

Like any alcoholic drink, we recommend moderate consumption of Bulmers Pear and every consumer should enjoy it sensibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 jane says

JMcCR wrote: »
    It actually is on the FAQ (well sort of...) :eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. Does Bulmers Pear have any side effects?"
    Bulmers Pear contains a significant level of high quality, pear juice. Like prunes, plums and grapes, pears contain naturally occurring substances which, depending on the quantity consumed and the sensitivity of the individual involved, may not agree with every individual.

Bulmers stresses that these ingredients are NATURALLY OCCURING in the Pear Juice and not anything that Bulmers have added to the product.

Like any alcoholic drink, we recommend moderate consumption of Bulmers Pear and every consumer should enjoy it sensibly.

Wonder no one thought to post this before, which makes the whole thing a bit of a non-story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Comordha

pikachucheeks only a small proportion of drinkers suffer from the side effect. Very little noise from the UK so it could be something in our weak Irish genes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

It will be the chosen drink of models everywhere, weightloss++

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Had one or to cans of this before last night. Last night I got drunk on it. Had like 8 bottles. I thought this thread was a bit far fetched to be honest. But no way now. I'm a victim of Bulmers pear. Afraid to even fart was an understatement. Ouch awfull stuff. Love the taste but don't think I will drink much of it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I swear to god I drank 10 cans of this stuff and filled the bog up to the brim with loose stools!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tried for the first time there two nights ago, bought a litre bottle of it in Asda and only had a half a pint in me when I had to stop, dastardly stuff, at least the apple cider doesn't do the same to me

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Cant believe how this devil juice made me feel. The cramps in my stomach after it was unreal as for my Hole its still not right 3 days after. Im glad i found this thread cause i was starting to think there was something up with me :D. They have to take it off the market...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i still can't believe what a bunch of pussies ye all are!

how did ye get to the jax tied to yer mammy's apron strings?

a real man would have drunk all the booze, EATEN the bottles and shat it all out again and gone back for more!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

This is not a joke or placebo or whatever..Im a real victim, its true it ****s you up..I was grand at the time but things took a terrible turn for the worse the day after...Im talking toilet blockage standard here...Its a lovley drink but not worth it...

All I can say is...please don't bring it to festivals......THE PORTOLOOS!!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭whos who

Ok maybe its just me but I tried this stuff for the first time saturday night, couldn't believe how easy it is to drink. Had about 6-7 bottles of the stuff and no side affects what so ever. Had another couple last night and still everything is good. Slight hangover but thats about it!

Got my mate to try it too last night, he had 2.5 bottles and was in the toilet for 20 mins after it! Poor chap!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazzle

I had a completely uncontrollable discharge from my rear end last night after a long session of bullmers pear cider (summer int it :) )

Ended up soiling all my bedsheets, just like that scene from trainspotting. Didn't take them downstairs to be washed like Spud did though - and end up covering my girlfriend and her parents. Bagged them up and chucked them in the bin. No messing.

Seriously though, I'm a healthy chap and tried a lot of stuff and never had such problems. I think Bullmers are sneaking laxative into the mixture and laughing at all of us. People need to know about this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

bazzle wrote: »
    ...and end up covering my girlfriend and her parents. Bagged them up and chucked them in the bin. No messing...

you covered your gf and her parents ? we blame alot on bulmers here... but that you cant do ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Never again will I drink Bulmers Pear.:mad: I was out on Sat night last, had about 5 bottles of the stuff and had the runs for the next two days. I was really bad. I thought it might have been a bug I picked up in the restaurant earlier that evening but now I suspect the real reason.

That stuff is LETHAL!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It might taste like piss but it least it brings shits and giggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I was fine after i tried it recently.

It doesnt suprise me though, my stomach has a rather strong constitution from being reared my mothers cooking... dinners the dog would cry looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bazzle

samhail wrote: »
    you covered your gf and her parents ? we blame alot on bulmers here... but that you cant do ! :)

No, that's what happened in the film.

I wasn't stupid enough to do anything with the sheets other than bag them up and chuck them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

Yea,I drank 8 of the bastards and nearly killed me.I s..t my insides.Never again.Bogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Jaysiz is all I can say :eek:

Had about 8 pints of the stuff last night, all going grand and then all of a sudden :eek: dash for the jacks. Jaysiz I nearly blew the toilet up. Think i'll drink it in moderation from now on (Having a cheeky one at the moment for the cure though :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

After tests, I have come to the conclusion that if I drink 3 can's of it, I'm fine. Any more than that, and I will be guaranteed to spend the rest of the evening in the jax!!

I made the mistake of drinking 6 cans of it at Slane this year, and spent most of the rest of the gig in a portaloo. It was like Trainspotting, but worse...... Thank Christ I had emergency toilet rolls in my bag!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Be forewarned, ***the recoil will send you through the ceiling***

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

For me it was like a fire hose on full blast with no off setting, I sand blasted the throne room in slush. Think of the Family Guy puke scene but out the opposite end.

Any time I'm out now and I see someone drinking the stuff I cringe and get flash backs of the clean up operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

There was an ad there for Bulmers Pear "New Recipe", they must have gotten some shitty feedback about the original one.

Advertisement