Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-bay and DAFT

Options
  • 24-05-2009 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭

Mods, feel free to move, not sure if its in the right section.

Just been on Ebay, I have to say im pretty confused. I went on to Ebay, clicked onto property and it brings me to an Ebay page "Ebay property in partnership with Daft.ie"

There is no way to bid on these houses, surely they cannot be up for auction??? So, can anyone tell me why an "auction" site has houses on it that are not for auction. Anyone thinks this is strange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

got a link?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Perhaps it might be more appropriate to contact a representative from one or the other of the companies concerned and ask them for an explanation. From experience- DAFT are far more likely to respond to you in a timely manner, than ebay.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

smccarrick wrote: »
    Perhaps it might be more appropriate to contact a representative from one or the other of the companies concerned and ask them for an explanation. From experience- DAFT are far more likely to respond to you in a timely manner, than ebay.......

True, Im sure il get some hollow answers. Iv no problem with companies piggybacking with each other, but i just thought this was misleading, maybe im just feeling akward today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I can only assume that they are cooperating. I imagine DAFT have taken a serious loss in advertising, while e-bay want in on property advertising.

I'm not sure if on-line bidding for property is appropriate, but the advertising is really useful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 lehcar

benwavner wrote: »
    can anyone tell me why an "auction" site has houses on it that are not for auction.
    Ebay has been more than an auction site for years. There are bucketloads of normal retail stores there too.

This is probably a way for Daft to get extra visitors, and for Ebay to get extra revenue from their traffic. Standard arrangement among all sorts of websites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I understand how it works and the concept of it all, i just think its ridiculous.

Advertisement