Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

phil 'im a celebrity me' brown

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Just heard his post match interview on RTÉ Two. He says they deserve a 2nd crack at the Premiership. Any team that falls apart like his has done needs a better manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Cringeworthy stuff to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I like what he's done.

He's taken a small club to a very unepected promotion and a very unexpected survival.

Dont really care what he's like as a person but i mean anything that happened today was due to overwhelming emotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Why is he the lowest of the low for having a bit of a sing-song? :confused:

I've not been a fan of his over the season, particularly his post-match antics, but surely he's entitled to enjoy the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Just heard his post match interview on RTÉ Two. He says they deserve a 2nd crack at the Premiership. Any team that falls apart like his has done needs a better manager.

Does it really matter when over the course of the season you pick up enough points to stay up? All that matter is that you do.

If Utd had won the first 29 games in a row, then lost the last 9, would anyone be worried about the bad run or would they be just celebrating the league win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

He's kept them up, im sure the fans are happy.

Nobody expected them to stay up back in August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Hull have got like 2 points since december or someting...!

rubbish

they only stayed up cos boro and newcastle were worse.

legs11 wrote: »

Is that not the same for any team that stay up? It's because someone else was worse.

If the league table doesnt lie at the top, then it doesnt lie at the bottom either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

manager sings with fans?

what's wrong with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

rubbish

and man utd only won the league cause nobody got anymore more points than them - daft thing to say mate.

expectations - try his best to come close to keeping them up. More than achieved.

Same goes for them in the championship. you may not like the guy but he's done a good job and met his targets

• Advertisement

rubbish

If Boro or Newcastle stayed up with form like that, do you think they would care?

Take your personal issues aside with him, results are what matter and he's kept them in the division when the odds were massively stacked against him.

Fair play Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

just seen him singing there on Premier soccer sunday..
    jesus he made an ass of himself.
    whatever makes him happy i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

<Pic removed for offenisveness rather than anything else. Could have just said:

Whut?!> - mod edit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Worthy manager of the season shout for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

well done Phil

delighted for ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Can't stand the man after all the ****e he came out with about Arsenal earlier on in the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

He looks like Satan with that beard.

Hasn't a hope of keeping them up next season. Any other year they'd have been down this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Worthy manager of the season shout for me.
    Ye hes up there in the top twenty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I don't get the problem with him. He did fantastic to keep them up. Although I'd say they will go next season.

He should probably walk away now.

I feel he's taken them as far as anyone can.

• Advertisement

Mmcd wrote: »
    Ye hes up there in the top twenty!

Nothing worng with that considering how many managers some teams have had.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Little orange cretin.

whats the age of posters on here...:confused:

anyone who rates Phil Brown I worry about.

I really hope you mean as a person and not a manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

tbh, he's proven himself to me. Everyone before the season was anticipating the lowest all-time points total and he's kept them up. After the start they made it should have been more comfortable but I'd say he's spent less than about 17 or 28 of the other teams in the league minimum and went in with by far the weakest squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Hasn't a hope of keeping them up next season. Any other year they'd have been down this season.
    SouthPark_satan_300x298.jpg

:pac:

Fair play to him for keeping them up but without some major summer surgery they will be in trouble again next season. Cant see 35 points keeping them up next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

rubbish

exactly.

don't like the man, but he still kept them up, no matter how bad they've been since christmas.

still didn't need to make an ass of himself, but each to their own.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

They do deserve to stay up,Hull were a revaluation for the first half of the season went to Anfield and showed you can play football there even if you are not one of the premiership big guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Where their players who were not in the squad on the pitch today celebrating, because we can't have things like that, I hope the FA will be looking at this.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    exactly.

don't like the man, but he still kept them up, no matter how bad they've been since christmas.

still didn't need to make an ass of himself, but each to their own.

More of case that the teams below were so bad, they are my tip to go down next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't see whats wrong with that. I think its a nice.

One of the nicest things I've ever seen was in the title celebrations last year when United players were singing all the players songs with the fans.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I rekcon he had the whole season calculated down to the nearest goal or lack of). Next season there'll be no weight of expectation on Hull (unlike, say, Reading), Bullard might be back, they'll probably sign a few Newkie rejects (Viduka maybe, the Cantona of the North East). The dross on its way up from the Championship shouldn't make anyone afraid and I'd be genuinely surprised if Brown wasn't singing again this time next year.

PHB wrote: »
    I don't see whats wrong with that. I think its a nice.

One of the nicest things I've ever seen was in the title celebrations last year when United players were singing all the players songs with the fans.

I agree,I think its refreshing to see a manager connect with the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I think Hull will be grand next season,delighted they stayed up hopefully they'll buy campbell and manucho

Id be more worried about Fulham next season(some people think ill be mad but that europa spot could damage them alot)

I think Big Mick will do a good job with Wolves and expect Birmingham to have a good shot, thing people seem to be forgetting is that Hull lost today yet again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Billy Joel more like

phil-brown-tache.jpg

6a00e008dca1f08834011279089bef28a4-800wi

OPENROAD wrote: »
    More of case that the teams below were so bad, they are my tip to go down next season.

You say the same about Roy hodgson but everyone is all over his nuts for manager of the season this year.

You say the same about Roy hodgson but everyone is all over his nuts for manager of the season this year.

But Fulham won matches, Hull didn't.

Dub13 wrote: »
    They do deserve to stay up,Hull were a revaluation for the first half of the season went to Anfield and showed you can play football there even if you are not one of the premiership big guns.

tbh teams like barnsley, charlton and coventry have been taking points from anfield each season thru the years

this time its just hull, its also one of the reasons pool wont win a title but thats for another thread.. :cool:

But Fulham won matches, Hull didn't.

Wow, they drew 35 matches this season? Still thats only 3 defeats in the league, very impressive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you can only beat what's in front of you so to speak.

he still deserves some credit for keeping them up.

he deserves stick for how he lost the dressing room after the City game, how poor they were in the second half the season, and his general attention seeking behaviour, but i stick by the fact he should get credit for what is still a great achievement.

as dislikeable as the man is.

Every single season you could say that teams relegated were worse then the couple of teams who just escaped,that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Hull had a super first half of the season and played some great football in the context of who they are,ok they had a very spectacular collapse in the second half of the season but they did what was needed.

Wow, they drew 35 matches this season? Still thats only 3 defeats in the league, very impressive...

What??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

What was he at singing "don't wanna go home, this is the best trip I've ever been on"? That would generally be for away matches! They were at home.

Hull City ,the players are fine. but phil brown the manger...!

anyone with any common sense would know he is deluded.

The on the pitch rant at city was it? what a joke, just publicity for him

the rant at arsenal

lol

the microphone stuck to his gob

what is he, a pop singer. or michael jackson on tour?

then singing after a miserable run of games stretching back to December [or worse] that barely kept them in the top flight

any decent manager would have lapped with pitch with some applause. but singing...

they didn't even score a goal , if they got a win or a point even then maby a song could be justified, but even at that it is a totally sad thing to do

can you imagine alex ferguson, arse wegner, david moyes or raffa benitez singing at the end of a game.

sad man

Dub13 wrote: »
    Every single season you could say they teams below were worse then the couple of teams who just escaped,that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Hull had a super first half of the season and played some great football in the context of who they are,ok they had a very spectacular collapse in the second half of the season but they did what was needed.

Considering where they have come from the end result is that they are still in the premier league and thats all that matters, I know.Yes they played well in the first half of the season but were awfuL in the second half of the season, if the teams at the bottom were not so poor they would have gone down. Fulham on the otherhand have played well all season, I don't see the connection.

What??

If Hull didnt win any matches then the only way they could of got to 35 points is by draws. Obvious sarcasm but they did win matches, and they won enough to keep them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mr Maroon wrote: »
    What was he at singing "don't wanna go home, this is the best trip I've ever been on"? That would generally be for away matches! They were at home.

The 'trip' perhaps being the season in the PL. 'Home' would of course then be the Championship. I thought of it as kind of 'we're not ready to go back to go back down just yet'.

Quite appropriate IMO :)

Considering where they have come from the end result is that they are still in the premier league and thats all that matters, I know.Yes they played well in the first half of the season but were awfuL in the second half of the season, if the teams at the bottom were not so poor they would have gone down. Fulham on the otherhand have played well all season, I don't see the connection.

The 3 teams that went down played crap all season thats why they are down.What did Hull get again 29 points in the first half of the season if they can re find that spark again and get in a few more players they could be safe next season.

I never mentioned Fulham.

Hull City ,the players are fine. but phil brown the manger...!

anyone with any common sense would know he is deluded.

The on the pitch rant at city was it? what a joke, just publicity for him

the rant at arsenal

lol

the microphone stuck to his god

what is he, a pop singer. or michael jackson on tour?

then singing after a miserable run of games stretching back to December [or worse] that barely kept them in the top flight

any decent manager would have lapped with pitch with some applause. but singing...

they didn't even score a goal , if they got a win or a point even then maby a song could be justified, but even at that it is a totally sad thing to do

can you imagine alex ferguson, arse wegner, david moyes or raffa benitez singing at the end of a game.

sad man

Can you imagine any of those managers spending less then £7m in a summer transfer window? No, neither can I.

• Advertisement
Advertisement