Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard drive / directory name change

Options
  • 24-05-2009 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an extrenal hardrive which has all my photos / music, video clips on. I always kept in connected to the same USB port. The drive always showd up as (F) on my computer.

Recently I had the hard drive disconnected and had other removable hard drives connected to computer.

When I reconnected my original hard drive it showed up in my computer as (I).

This has caused me problems as I have used video editing programmes to make a videos of wedding etc. I can now not watch or burn any of the videos I have created through my editing programe as when it is searching for the directory path it is looking for (F) drive, which no longer exists.

I need to get my hard drive back to showing on my compter as (F). I have pluged hardrive into ther ports to see if will change back to (F) but no luck.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Click the start button. Right click "My Computer" and click manage. This will open up a new window. Double click Storage. Then double click Disk Management. Find your hard drive in the list and then right click and click on "Change drive letter and path". In the new window click change. A new window will open with a drop down list. Select F from the list. Press ok and that should sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DUBISAK

Much appreciated. clear simple instructions. All mu videos are back and working.##Many many thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Glad I can help.

Advertisement