Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Hungarian and Czech currencies in BOI

Options
  • 24-05-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be going to Vienna soon and have day trips organised to Budapest and Prague - for these trips I will need a small amount of local currency and want to get it before I go instead of using ATMs over there. Would I have to order it in my branch even though I'd only be getting like 50 euro of each?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yes, banks generally don't hold any stock other than US dollars and sterling. All other currencies have to be ordered. Best thing to do is to ring your local branch up and place and order. I'd give it a least a week in advance.

And day trips to Budapest and Prague? Barely scratching the surface! I'd spend at least 2 days in each if you can. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

To be honest, for the euro or so that you will be charged, it would be a lot easier to just use the ATM's there. It's only if you need large amounts of cash do you need to bother with the banks.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Give your local branch a ring. I know my own branch carries a small amount of Hungarian Forint and Czech Koruna all the time. A week notice should be more than enough notice. Some of the busier branches get foreign currency delivered twice a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

sitstill wrote: »
    I'm going to be going to Vienna soon and have day trips organised to Budapest and Prague - for these trips I will need a small amount of local currency and want to get it before I go instead of using ATMs over there. Would I have to order it in my branch even though I'd only be getting like 50 euro of each?

Why not get the FX currency in Vienna ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

If you cant get it as a very last resort you will have no problem getting it in the airport. There is a first rate currency exchange which i think has some connection to boi.

• Advertisement
Advertisement