Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Coverage question

• 25-05-2009 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I recently switched over to Meteor and on Thursday I made a trip from Galway to Dublin and noticed I had no coverage from Craughwell to Athlone. I thought this was possibly a Meteor outage, but the following day on Friday on my return journey I had no coverage in the same (very large area). I tried turning the phone off and on several times to no avail, but once outside this area the phone worked fine. I checked Meteor's coverage map and they claim to have coverage in this area. I never experience such an extended blackout with Vodaphone or 02. Is this normal for Meteor? If it is, I'll be switching carriers again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

could be the phone. should be loads of cells around there

meteor also use vodafone masts in some places, it takes a while before the phone tries to register to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

towel401 wrote: »
    could be the phone. should be loads of cells around there

meteor also use vodafone masts in some places, it takes a while before the phone tries to register to them

It'll jump onto Vodafone pretty quickly if you're out of coverage like that. Did you by any chance manually select the network on your phone? This would mean it wouldn't roam on Vodafone. Put it on automatic selection if it's not on it already. What you describe though seems to be quite the populated area so have your phone checked out. Also just to clarify, I think the areas in which Meteor roam on Vodafone aren't actually shown on their coverage map, but there's an old one if you go on eircommobile.ie and that'll show you. Just look for places that are on the old map but not on the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kiniska

Thanks for the advice. I checked and it is set to Automatic network selection, but it could be the phone, since it's been a bit flakey lately. I'm going to Dublin again later in the week, so I'll need to check it then. Thanks for the tips.

Advertisement