Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media Player Problem - Windows 7

• 25-05-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, so i'm currently using the Windows 7 RC (and loving it by the way) but i'm having a problem with Media Player... I've added the folder where all my music is (the default my music folder) to the watched folders in media player, and i've manually added all music to the library too (by highlighting the folders of music in my music and then dragging them into media player...

However, only some of the albums have been added to media player, and it seems to be in alphabetical order (as in artists up to the letter G are there, but even then not all of them...)

Any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Give it time and report back again if it doesnt work. It probably uses a slow indexing method, similar to Windows search (does it slowly and only when it thinks you have free resources). Its tied in to the Windows explorer 'library' thinger, so make sure you have that all in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

By time do you mean hours or days? It's been like this since yesterday afternoon when i first noticed it and tried the fix it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I find the WMP media library to be pretty rubbish, especially with video files. It seems to choke itself every now and then and loses the entire library, having to index it from scratch again. That said, it does seem more reliable in the RC than it was in the beta.

I only use it to stream stuff to a playstation 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

dulpit wrote: »
    By time do you mean hours or days? It's been like this since yesterday afternoon when i first noticed it and tried the fix it...
    I was just talking an hour or two, or a couple of app open/closes. It imported my library in stages IIRC, I saw it adding a few extra files the second or third time I opened it.

If it hasnt done it by now, I guess you should move on to more drastic measures. Try deleting the contents of C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player. That should nuke the current db and then see if it rebuilds it correctly.

I actually thought of that idea earlier today while i was out, so i deleted the library stuff earlier on... Opened up WMP just there, specified the folder for my music and it's now adding music into my library...

What I've noticed is that it started with Green Day (the last band beginning with G) and is working it's way backwards through the alphabet, so it would appear that it'll have the same problem, that i'll only have music from A-G...
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

My WMP wont even index my folders at all. Currently using Media Monkey.

Was out for most of the evening, computer was turned on all the time...

Just came in, opened up WMP and everything is there now, no idea how that happened... :confused:

Whatever happened, yays!

Advertisement