Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMs in public forums

Options
  • 25-05-2009 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I sent someone two PMs, and the receiver then decided to post them on a thread, quoting who they were from and when they were posted.]

I didn't give my consent for this, and feel that the Private part of PM has been breached.

I was wondering if this should result in an infraction? Or a ban?

I'm not very sure, but I'm fairly positive some action should be taken against the poster. I will respect his privacy, by not naming him (even though he didn't respect my privacy lol).

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd only ban or infract someone if they did it repeatedly after I told them not to. No set rule about it though as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Keep your vendetta on the Help Desk thread you have running, where it belongs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Ah no this was a couple of months back, and I was told to stop posting old news in the help desk.

One more question:

What if this poster was a category mod?

Thanks

vflhp wrote: »
    Ah no this was a couple of months back, and I was told to stop posting old news in the help desk.

One more question:

What if this poster was a category mod?

Thanks

You're not very good at this...

orestes wrote: »
    You're not very good at this...

Ha, so I've been told.

Okay, this was a category mod, who quoted private messages that I sent him. I wasn't very happy as he basically embarrased me by using my private messages.

I'm not going to go on a vendetta or anything, I was just wondering what should happen, thats all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Ha, so I've been told.

Okay, this was a category mod, who quoted private messages that I sent him. I wasn't very happy as he basically embarrased me by using my private messages.

I'm not going to go on a vendetta or anything, I was just wondering what should happen, thats all.
    Without knowing what's happened elsewhere ...

Report the posts in question and leave it to the mods / admins to deal with (or not) as they see fit.

Ha, so I've been told.

That's what the Help Desk is for. Start a thread there, refer to the incident you wish to make a complaint about and request that an admin look into it and answer your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

We have very clear rules on PM violations. If this happened to you, you should report the issue to the help desk.
    Thread closed.

Thanks for all your advice people.

Definitely appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement