Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with telephone socket adapter!!!

Options
  • 25-05-2009 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I bought this off ebay to connect up the Sky boxes and the telephone:Brand New 3-Way Phone Line Splitter

Adapter converts a single phone jack into three jacks so you can
    plug in three devices such as telephones, fax machines, modems, answering machines, etc.

Standard male RJ-11 plug on one side, three standard female RJ-11 jacks on the other.
    All four conductors go through to all three jacks. Standard dimensions.

It wont work when I plug it in and even when I plug it out my phone won't work!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Some of those little adaptors can be all wrong inside , might be a batch of rejects someone put up on ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

I agree. I personally never use them as it always bites me in the a...

If you have room Id put in a 4 way network point and jumper the pairs numbered 4 & 5 or the white/blue blue/white. A four way either needs a 2 gang recess wall box or just get a double plastic backbox and mount it..

Advertisement