Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern Warfare 2 New Trailer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Holy sh*t that looks great

cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just found this trailer up in HD with InGame Screen Shots looks pretty amazing! Whats everyones thoughts about the game?

http://www.gmrfm.com/lee/2009/5/25/new-modern-warfare-2-trailer-and-exclusive-screens.html#entry4076941
    meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Indeed it does look very good, but the Single-Player campaign is, supposedly, only an estimated 9-10 hours long and features no coop at all.

This, for me, detracts from my anticipation of a game that came from a series boasting an unrivalled single player experience. I know Modern Warfare has come to fruition through the premise of establishing ground-breaking multiplayer, but I have always felt multiplayer was the added bonus and singleplayer was the main feature. I want to buy this, but I would rather not pay 50/60 euro for a game that, who's enjoyment, will be based on a steady ping and other people playing as well.

Give us a well thought out and developed single player experience Infinity Ward. If you want to make multiplayer games, then follow DICE's example with the Battlefield series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tat dam sexy

its gonna be class... but WaW new map pack is gonna be awsum... cant wait to get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Liber8or wrote: »
    Indeed it does look very good, but the Single-Player campaign is, supposedly, only an estimated 9-10 hours long and features no coop at all.

This, for me, detracts from my anticipation of a game that came from a series boasting an unrivalled single player experience. I know Modern Warfare has come to fruition through the premise of establishing ground-breaking multiplayer, but I have always felt multiplayer was the added bonus and singleplayer was the main feature. I want to buy this, but I would rather not pay 50/60 euro for a game that, who's enjoyment, will be based on a steady ping and other people playing as well.

Give us a well thought out and developed single player experience Infinity Ward. If you want to make multiplayer games, then follow DICE's example with the Battlefield series.

I lol'd. Welcome to the Seventh Generation of video games, my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

You haven't even played the game yet and you're writing it off.

The majority of single player campaigns are around that length.

In COD4, Infinity Ward has given us the most "well thought out and developed single player experience" for years. Why are you so sure that they won't be able to repeat that?

I'm confident that this game will rival or even better COD4. In respect of multiplayer and single player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

you seem to be the opposite spectrum of the the general consensus, games are more likely to be severly criticized for being released without a multiplayer element, especially a first person shooter where it is almost mandatory to have some form of multiplayer at a minimum.

Also Dice have strayed away from their online only for full games with the bad company series and are releasing multiplayer only games via downloadable content.

which is not a bad idea personnally, and I love wake island so intend to get 1943, even if we can no longer pilot the aircraft carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

There was like barley any proper gameplay in that.. :mad: Still looks good though :pac:

imagine it just wasnt 1st person haha

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

It looks epic particularly the bit at the end where the player is pulled up from the castle into the helicopter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea thats a very good trailer. Looking forward to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

No interest in multiplayer myself, but did enjoy the 1st one for what it was as a single player game. This looks to be as interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 clonedgamer

this is going to be epic i dont mind if its 6-7 hours single player the story lines are always fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

9-10 hours would be double the single player of the first game, can't really see the problem, no point in shoehorning co-op in unless it's absolutely necessary. FPS's these days rely moreso on the multiplayer anywayand COD4 is unaminously the busiest FPS console online experience so I wouldn't worry about the ping or having to find players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

NiSmO wrote: »

Hopefully not.

IMO The reason MW1's multiplayer was so good was because there was no vehicles at all in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm kind of with Liber8or here in that I've a sinking suspicion that they focused on the multi-player and the single-player will be an after though. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mother of divine sweet mary that looks absolutely deadly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

9-10 hours of singleplayer is more than enough, provided that is 9-10 hours of quality gaming. I have played games that last many more hours, but they do get boring and repetitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Liber8or

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.

When Modern Warfare 1 became a massive hit, it was the multiplayer aspect that appealed to everyone. Ask anyone playing it now, they regard it as one of the best, if not the best, online shooters available right now.

So Infinity Ward have recognised this and adapted to appeal to those who will buy their future games.

They break-away from the Call of Duty name, they establish Modern Warfare as their title, they say the Single Campaign will be reduced to around 9-10 hours and are not going to employ a Coop feature. They are transforming what was Call of Duty 4, into Call of Duty "Multiplayer"...with a single player experience.

I have nothing against Multiplayer games, I think they are fantastic. I am a big fan of Gears 2 online, but I really loved the Single Player experience in Call of Duty 4. Unfortunately, this trailer just shouts "Big, massive, filmesque scenes to whet your appetitie" before playing online in "The most awesome multiplayer game ever".

If Infinity Ward have been established as designers of great multiplayer games, why not maintain focus on that and make the multiplayer even better for the fan base who will buy it for those reasons? They are out to make money afterall.

I guarantee we will start to see advertising campaigns that will highlight the multiplayer aspect more so than the single player one. Heck, I bet IW will have an E3 booth open to play the multiplayer come June 1st.

I am not slamming the game as a complete failure, as I am sure it will be a brilliant online shooter. But, I wanted a Single Player gamer with the option to play Multiplayer, not the other way round, by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

this trailer just shouts "Big, massive, filmesque scenes to whet your appetitie" before playing online in "The most awesome multiplayer game ever".

I like things whetting my appetite.
    I like awesome games.

I'm sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

They break-away from the Call of Duty name, they establish Modern Warfare as their title, they say the Single Campaign will be reduced to around 9-10 hours and are not going to employ a Coop feature. They are transforming what was Call of Duty 4, into Call of Duty "Multiplayer"...with a single player experience.

I don't know where you're gathering that information from, but Infinity Ward didn't market CoD4 as the definitive single player game you make it out to be. It was mediocre as far as single player games go. The storyline's been done a million times before; (Insert Western country here) has to stop the terrorists from (Insert Eastern-bloc country here) from launching a nuclear weapon. Stop them at all costs.

I admit there were a few key moments that held my attention in the single player, like the Chernobyl sniper mission and Mile High Club, but other than that, it was just one pointless drudge from one checkpoint to the next. The fact that enemies endlessly respawned at alot of points throughout the game didn't help matters either, especially on veteran difficulty. While we're on that topic; veteran difficulty, while challenging enough, pulled out every stop necessary to raise my blood pressure at every opportunity. It was just ridiculous.
    I have nothing against Multiplayer games, I think they are fantastic. I am a big fan of Gears 2 online, but I really loved the Single Player experience in Call of Duty 4. Unfortunately, this trailer just shouts "Big, massive, filmesque scenes to whet your appetitie" before playing online in "The most awesome multiplayer game ever".

Well the fact that Infinity Ward have already revealed to us the approxomite length of the single player campaign, I don't see any reason to bash the trailer really. The only expectations being set here are the ones you set yourself. I think everyone and their granny knows that the vocal point of this game is going to be the multiplayer, and I haven't a single problem with that.
    If Infinity Ward have been established as designers of great multiplayer games, why not maintain focus on that and make the multiplayer even better for the fan base who will buy it for those reasons? They are out to make money afterall.

As a company, it goes without saying that they're out to make money, but there's just as big a market out there for single player games than there ever was, which probably obligates them to include a campaign portion to the game. However, the fans of the multiplayer far outweigh the fans of the campaign, so they're not using up any more time than necessary to include the single player aspect. I'd rather they made a relatively short single player campaign and an outstanding multiplayer aspect, instead of adding another 6 months of development time to the game itself just because you wanted another 3 hours of gametime in single player.
    I guarantee we will start to see advertising campaigns that will highlight the multiplayer aspect more so than the single player one. Heck, I bet IW will have an E3 booth open to play the multiplayer come June 1st.

I fail to see what's wrong with marketing the aspect of the game 95% of people are going to be buying it for.
    I am not slamming the game as a complete failure, as I am sure it will be a brilliant online shooter. But, I wanted a Single Player gamer with the option to play Multiplayer, not the other way round, by the looks of things.

Then Modern Warfare 2 isn't really what you're looking for. There are, however, many other games out there that cater to your interests. Consider playing them instead. The rest of us, however, are just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

NiSmO wrote: »
    I think it was a snowmobile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Looking forward to this, looks excellent.

I get more replay value out of online play then single so I'm hoping multiplayer is as good/better the COD4.

This and the new Flashpoint will keep me busy once released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

You know I think multi player will be more of the same and all the improvments will be in single player. COD4 was exelent in single player and i think COD6 could just beat it. still COOP would have been nice thats the way for ward for these kinds game me thinks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I dont have COD4 but have WaW which I really enjoyed both the single player and multi player parts.

But the amount of time I have spent on XBL is unreal, as with all games I will play the single player first once thats complete I will move to the MP and spend many many hours on it :)

Trailer looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

Vetern cheevo No.5 ready and waiting!!!! Hyped for this game.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The first screenshot looks like its from a scene in "The Rock" where the Seals come up from the sewer but the rebels hold the high ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

All i want is COD 4 only all new and shiney and ill be happy.

No vehicles for me i think it ruins a game

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

All i want is COD 4 only all new and shiney and ill be happy.

No vehicles for me i think it ruins a game

+1 for me!!!! The vehicles realy break up the flow of the game me thinks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 clonedgamer

Glad everyone likes my find ill try to keep everyone updated! =P

Advertisement