Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modern Warfare 2 New Trailer

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Hopefully not.

IMO The reason MW1's multiplayer was so good was because there was no vehicles at all in it.

Nah it needs vehicles. defo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Undead wrote: »
    Nah it needs vehicles. defo.

Defo doesnt. It wont sell 13 million copies and have a metacritic score of 94% again if it includes vehicles in Multiplayer. And you can quote me on that.

The good thing about IW is that they have gameplay balance down to a tee, another good thing is that they are not Treyarch. :)

For those looking to steer/fly/drive/handle tanks, helipcopters, planes, jeeps, segways, popemobiles, kites, blimps, limos and most importantly Bandwagons......Bad Company 2 will be out this Xmas aswell for you to enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RafoLordOfWars

ha ha popemobiles!!!! yad be pritty safe in one of those's.:D

Yea keep the drivin for Bad Company 2, leave the run'n'gun for MW2!!!

Also I would love one of these as a perk:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhDPoVm74To

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Defo doesnt. It wont sell 13 million copies and have a metacritic score of 94% again if it includes vehicles in Multiplayer. And you can quote me on that.

The good thing about IW is that they have gameplay balance down to a tee, another good thing is that they are not Treyarch. :)

For those looking to steer/fly/drive/handle tanks, helipcopters, planes, jeeps, segways, popemobiles, kites, blimps, limos and most importantly Bandwagons......Bad Company 2 will be out this Xmas aswell for you to enjoy :)

You have to actually be like...important..or for people to care what you think, in order for people to quote you :rolleyes:

Anyways nah i think it could use a small touch of vehicles,not jets, boats or tanks etc. just small vehicles,jeeps, bikes, emmm, snowmobiles!

A small handfull of maps with vehicles, majority of maps without.

Sorted:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

You have to actually be like...important..or for people to care what you think, in order for people to quote you :rolleyes:

Anyways nah i think it could use a small touch of vehicles,not jets, boats or tanks etc. just small vehicles,jeeps, bikes, emmm, snowmobiles!

The maps are tiny in COD4, if they are the same size theres no need for jeeps etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The issue there is that in game balancing, especially multiplayer, vehicles, even basic support ones like jeeps tend to throw spanners in map design and gameplay and rarely work the way the developers intended

unless

The developers work from the get go with vehicle intergration as a core gameplay mechanic full stop and even then other aspects run the risk of being under appreciated or developed.

Look at the obvious examples

Talk to anyone about the original BF1942 and they will tell you that vehicles dominated the game, if you were not in a tank or a plane then you were not very usefull at all. Dice spent the next 3 games in the series fleshing out the infantry roles more and more until it finally has reached some level that a player on foot is not overshadowed by a vehicle.

Thats a game that started off with the notion as vehicles as a central premise and the infantry gameplay suffered greatly for numerous iterations until they got the balance right.

In contrast I do not need to bring up Counter Strikes little foray do I? Single handidly wiped out CS-Siege as the most popular map because they thought it needed vehicles. Only the APC got abused and kept getting used to block passages and doorways as it would consistently glitch. The vehicles never got used for what they were designed for, and they added nothing substantial to the gameplay.

Its no surprise that source cut them out completely.

Halo still suffers vehicle abuse in its online gameplay and thats after 3 games rebalancing infantry/vehicle roles.

To balance in vehicles in anygame requires a complete rebalance of all the other aspects of the gameplay, even small ones like jeeps or snowmobiles.

The counter strike example is very poignent because that was a game that was popular for the same reasons as COD4, very tight run and gun gameplay, when vehicles were introduced in the manner you have described, only transport in a few maps, the community's response was to shun those maps that had vehicles added. Cs-Siege went from being the de facto counter strike map to being cut from all maplists and pretty much forgotten. If vehicles do not meld with the gameplay already established the same will happen in MW2, they will veto all vehicle maps and all that extra work will be for nothing and when a MW3 comes around you will most likely find the vehicle maps will be all cut from the game.

Its very difficult to implement vehicles and when you do its very much an all or nothing strategy.

The only game series I can think of that has vehicles but they also have a strong infantry only aspect is probably the Unreal Tournament series and that has only been a recent development and is still a rocky road they are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Caught this trailer a couple days ago, it look awesome. Hope it lives up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Vehicles in Single Player -Yes
    Multiplayer- Noooooooooooooo..Look at WAw..Tanks ruin it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That trailer looks far too high-def for an Xbox - I reckon that's the PC demo. Still looks good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jabbathehurt

Check out this cheeky kill on COD5! :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YqIbDn1NW0

*sorry if ets already ben dunne!

Check out this cheeky kill on COD5! :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YqIbDn1NW0

*sorry if ets already ben dunne!

Jesus!

I had to mail that guy on Live..like..how are you that sh*t lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

SuprSi wrote: »
    That trailer looks far too high-def for an Xbox - I reckon that's the PC demo. Still looks good though.
    Its neither. Its in engine cutscene footage. Pc xbox ps3 will all feature that, except texture resolutions will differ. The trailer shows no actual gameplay, ie the first person view and hud.

Advertisement