Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And the winner is...???

• 25-05-2009 5:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Ok it's getting near that time
    Finals start 4th June and we've got 4 teams left
    So who's gonna win? What does Mystic Meg say?

NBA Champions 2008/2009 10 votes

Cleveland Cavaliers
    0%
    LA Lakers
    20%
    jimmayeagle eye 2 votes
    Orlando Magic
    50%
    Lafortezzachips1234Sea Devilskev_s88Stab*City 5 votes
    Denver Nuggets
    30%
    PhoenixRisingkillwillgary nevillevil 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

LA Lakers
    Interestingly, PatrickPower has Cavs/Lakers even Favourite despite Lakers up 2-1 and Cavs down 2-1 in theirs.
    Notice I haven't voted yet...I need to sleep on it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I can't decide. LeBron can win a game on any given night by himself but Orlando look to have the team to beat the Cavs so that one is still in the air. As much as I'd love the Nuggets to beat the Lakers, I just think that LA will have too much. Looks like I'll have to sleep on it too :(

Interesting the Nuggets have 2 of the 1st 3 votes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Orlando Magic
    Liam O wrote: »
    LeBron can win a game on any given night by himself

Did you see games 1 and 3 no?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Xrox

I can't decide. LeBron can win a game on any given night by himself
    Stab*City wrote: »

Totally agree with you Stab and if he was able win a game on any given night why did he decide to loose last night so?:D:D:D:D:D

I honestly think the Nuggets can win it all if they get their act together, their heads seem to be all over the place at stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Orlando Magic
    Until the Cavs started struggling in the series against the Magic, I would have said the Cavs 4-2 vs Lakers in the finals.
    Now I can't really see either of the teams from the east beating the Lakers in 7 games. It feels like the Lakers haven't got their rhythm going yet, while Cavs and Magic have both had their moments of best play.

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »

I think I may have miscommunicated. I meant that on any night LeBron could catch fire and the Magic will have no answer for it. If West, Williams and Z can provide some help then the Cavs could walk any game. It's just a case of will they imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Denver Nuggets
    My heart says Magic but my head says lakers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Orlando Magic
    I think I may have miscommunicated. I meant that on any night LeBron could catch fire and the Magic will have no answer for it. If West, Williams and Z can provide some help then the Cavs could walk any game. It's just a case of will they imo

Fair enough.. but he would want to hurry up and light that match as they are headed to early summer holidays if they keep playing the way they are!!

West = Overrated
    Williams = D League

I say lakers will take it by the way..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LA Lakers
    Magic vs Lakers would be a very tight series. I go Lakers

Magic vs Nuggets would be a one sided affair to the Nuggets.

Cavs vs Lakers would be a very tight series. I couldn't call this one.

Cavs vs Nuggets would be very interesting. I think the Cavs would win it.

LA Lakers
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Magic vs Lakers would be a very tight series. I go Lakers

Magic vs Nuggets would be a one sided affair to the Nuggets.

Cavs vs Lakers would be a very tight series. I couldn't call this one.

Cavs vs Nuggets would be very interesting. I think the Cavs would win it.

LOL 3 of the 4 match ups you reckon very tight! :D That's how good the NBA is this year! I will vote after tonights game (I know I'm cheating :p but I started this poll so I'm allowed!) :D

• Advertisement

LA Lakers
    Wow nobody's gone for Cavs, I might be the first after tonight! Really looking forward to this game

jimmay wrote: »
    Wow nobody's gone for Cavs, I might be the first after tonight! Really looking forward to this game

was thinking of going for them earlier. Decided to wait. A loss for the Cavs tonight and I'll go for the Nuggets.

LA Lakers
    This has to be one of the tightest years in NBA history. Nobody seems to be able to call the winner. I mean who has the advantage going into the Finals over another team!? Even our mini poll says it all - virtually dead even between all 4 teams!

jimmay wrote: »
    This has to be one of the tightest years in NBA history. Nobody seems to be able to call the winner. I mean who has the advantage going into the Finals over another team!? Even our mini poll says it all - virtually dead even between all 4 teams!

It all depends on the Cavs-Magic game 6 imo. I could see the Lakers/Nuggets beating Orlando but I could see Cleveland beating both of them

Advertisement