Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby shops and car seat hire

Options
  • 25-05-2009 6:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi all,

We are moving with our 5 month old to Dublin and was wondering where the bigger baby shops are? We'll need to buy a cot/car seat etc. We will be living just south of the city for the first 2 weeks then renting hopefully in city east end or Clontarf.

Since our baby is still young, are there any places that rent out capsules? Might be better than buying a capsule that we'll only use for 6 months.

Finally, any websites of shops or independent consumer reviews on baby seats?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

funkyr wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are moving with our 5 month old to Dublin and was wondering where the bigger baby shops are? We'll need to buy a cot/car seat etc. We will be living just south of the city for the first 2 weeks then renting hopefully in city east end or Clontarf.

Since our baby is still young, are there any places that rent out capsules? Might be better than buying a capsule that we'll only use for 6 months.

Finally, any websites of shops or independent consumer reviews on baby seats?

Thanks!

Mama's and Papa's in Dundrum shopping centre (more expensive) or Mothercare in Jervis St Shopping Centre (less expensive) . . Never heard of baby seat hire . . sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

idl have a car seat/carrycot today for 50 euros which isn't too bad, http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090525.p.BabyCarSeat

I doubt there is anywhere you can hire one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 funkyr

Thanks,

I had a look at mothercare.ie and they seem to have a limited number of car seats that suit 0-14kg.

Murphy's has a great seleciton but it seems quite far out of town.

We will be hiring a car and need to buy a car seat pretty much straight away, dont really want to drive all the way to Murphy's w/o a car seat for the baby.

A renoulux 360 seems quite good - can rotate the seat for easy loading.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We find kiddicare.com good and they deliver about 2 working days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Moonbeam is an avid worshipper of kiddicare.com ;)

Tony Kealys in Coolock isn't too far from Clontarf, and they price match with other stores if you find it cheaper else where..

There is a seat on the market that will do from birth up to 4 years called the Britax First class. It can be used rearward facing for the first year of the childs life then switched forward facing from a year up to 4 years old, sounds ideal for your situation.

The only thing is it won't fit all cars as it needs a lot of belt to be fitted rearward facing. It would be best if you got it tried in your car first and Kealy's will do this for free. If you bought it off a website it mightn't be a good fit. Bear in mind that by law a child cant go into a foward facing seat until they are at least 20lb and should be sitting up unaided too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hi ya are you from Australia :)

You can try Smyths, Argos, or I know it might be a bit of a drive Eurobaby on the long mile road. or Ebay you can buy brand new ones for a good price from the uk.

there is no one here yet doing rentals like in Australia

oh and Britax are a very good brand and are the same makers of Safe and sound

Yeah I am from Australia.... it;'s a pity because our little one is only 1.5kg away from a dedicted 9-18kg seat

Same as safe and sound? No wonder why they look identical!

Yeah I am from Australia.... it;'s a pity because our little one is only 1.5kg away from a dedicted 9-18kg seat

Same as safe and sound? No wonder why they look identical! (Yep the same they had to change the make a bit to meet Australian standard's they are a little more expensive as well.)

Im only home after living on the sunshine coast I had my daughter over there :)

how old is you Bub I can Pm you the link to the car seat we got we are very happy with it :)

5 months

I am thinking of a britax first class

5 months

I am thinking of a britax first class

I had one of them for my DS1 very good make,love thier buggys as well shop around though so you get the best deal try Littlewoodsireland.ie as well on line shop

• Advertisement
Advertisement