Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend Pictures

Options
  • 25-05-2009 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

I went to Easky and Ennischrone on Sunday to take few snaps. I have reached my limits in most of the shots - they are cropped from the original size.
    I will add more later, possibly tonight. (the picture is the link to the whole set)

3561631629_327b335743.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

And another one. Following pictures will have worse picture quality, I am sorry for that. But I am learning. If you have experience with photography of surfing (even in the water), please, let me know.
    3562608998_ab5f96252a.jpg

And another. I promise that it is the last one from work :-)
    5048B159E09E43ED87DA5B306DC33B62-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

was out on the left yesterday. Think i saw you with your camera when i got out of the water. Fari play for gettin some nice shots.

I was shaking cold in my blue jacket :-) I really didn't know how they will look in the end. I will blame my hardware :-)

DE4307FC62D14EF19C7FEA444ABF6234-800.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭whynotwhycanti

You got some really good shots, i like the colour, dark and ominous thanks to the irish weather. If i click on one of the photos does it bring me to all of the ones you took?

If you were interested, you should think of approaching surfers and offering to sell them a photo of themselves for a reasonable price. If you had one of me i would have paid. I think there's a guy doing it in strandhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

some nice shots there. defo ask the surfers if they would like the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

These Photos are depressing me.... I'm so envious...
    Roll on this weekend.... exams over and its looking offshore for the whole wknd (further south from where these pics were taken anyway!!) fingers crossed.

Great pics BTW:)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Decos

Nice photos!
    What camera/lens did you use?

Thanks for comments. I was so happy to take few snaps so I can see all the sh;te only now. Pictures are far from good, at least far from what I would like to produce.
    Camera: Canon 5D (Mark I)
    Lenses: Canon 24-70/2.8 L USM and CENTON 500mm/8 (manual focus)
    Tripod: Manfrotto (something)

I will try to borrow some proper lens to try it again.

So that's all. You can find more picture on Flickr than on PIX.ie, however if you are not a contact you would not be able to see them a little larger on Flickr.
    And here are few from afternoon processing (that was done using web-based editor):
    A85A1388191D46C98CE665A67138FD1D-800.jpg

B5C1BA983E984D7A995C08C514CF4234-800.jpg

4E2B440C4713485EB0AA50F140A4D0D6-800.jpg

339D3B23D16F406AAD4378C83A8DA6B9-800.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

aw wow man. despite having never actually surfed there, im proud of my wee country in those pics. nice waves.

i think the only criticism i have would be in the black and white...the fourth pic down, i would absolutely love to see in colour... don't need greyscale to highlight the miserable dark weather back home... specially seen in those last coupla photos.

awesome pics though, second last one's my new desktop pic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Marko_Man

Great Pics, Man

• Registered Users Posts: 37 richy316

what tide do you need for easkey right left to be working?

I need motivation to get up early in the morning, a lot of patience to survive bad feeling that I am doing bad pictures, possibly no rain a some people in the water. Those surfers must have even more patience and endurance than me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Great pics man!

Advertisement