Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fossil Watch

Options
  • 25-05-2009 8:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a Fossil watch. My local jewellers has them roughly the same price as the online price but their service is crap and it's like they don't want the business so if anybody knows a decent retailer that sells a decent Fossil range (preferably around north Dublin) for good prices I'll buy it from them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I'm looking to buy a Fossil watch. My local jewellers has them roughly the same price as the online price but their service is crap and it's like they don't want the business so if anybody knows a decent retailer that sells a decent Fossil range (preferably around north Dublin) for good prices I'll buy it from them.

Got one from Amazon recently, arrived within 2 days - great service and about 25% cheaper than the local stores.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Thanks for that. I had a look. I wouldn't mind the extra 25% if my local shop were bothered at all about customer service. I had to interrupt their chat to get one syllable answers from them. Nobody else has replied so Amazon it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tempo-dundrum

Hi Mick,

You can always drop down to us here at Dundrum Town Centre. We try our best to please everyone that visits our store. Were a family business and really enjoy what we do. We stock Fossil amogst other brands.

You can have a 15% discount too!

Cheers
    Arthur
    Tempo
    29a Dundrum Town Centre
    Dublin 16
    Tel:01-2963993

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Got one in brown Thomas a couple of years ago and it was cheaper than the other shops. Unfortunatly I wouldn't rate the watch, the metal feels cheap and gives me a rash.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Got one in brown Thomas a couple of years ago and it was cheaper than the other shops. Unfortunatly I wouldn't rate the watch, the metal feels cheap and gives me a rash.

If you get a rash from a Fossil you probably have a hypoallergy to nickel. I think most of the well known brands have a maximum of .001% nickel content. Swatch do a range called The Skin collection and they have no metal contact at all. I personally love Storm watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If you get a rash from a Fossil you probably have a hypoallergy to nickel. I think most of the well known brands have a maximum of .001% nickel content. Swatch do a range called The Skin collection and they have no metal contact at all. I personally love Storm watches.

I have a couple of watches and the only one I've ever had a problem with is the fossil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Unfortunatly I wouldn't rate the watch, the metal feels cheap and gives me a rash.

The only reason I'm in the market is because I left my last one (which I loved) at an airport security scanner when I was running for a plane. I like the brand and they give me no probs.
    Hi Mick,

You can always drop down to us here at Dundrum Town Centre.
    You can have a 15% discount too!

Thanks Arthur, I'll take you up on that. It'll be a couple of weeks before I'm in your neck of the woods though.

Thanks Arthur, I'll take you up on that. It'll be a couple of weeks before I'm in your neck of the woods though.[/quote]

Great stuff, look forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Got one from Amazon recently, arrived within 2 days - great service and about 25% cheaper than the local stores.

Just had a quick look on amazon there myself. Have a look at the review for this watch :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fossil-JR9158-Gents-Brown-Leather/dp/B000FGB69S/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&s=watch&qid=1243507418&sr=8-15

• Registered Users Posts: 10,037 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

The only reason I'm in the market is because I left my last one (which I loved) at an airport security scanner when I was running for a plane. I like the brand and they give me no probs.

I take it you rang lost and found in Dublin Airport ? 814 4481 or 666 4950 ( If indeed it was dublin :o )

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

on p.m.w.f there is a nice one today for $50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

old boy wrote: »
    on p.m.w.f there is a nice one today for $50.

link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i cannot post a link as i do not know how to, just google poor mans watch forums, go to the trading/for sale forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

E-bay has really nice fossil watches for half the price you'd pay in the shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bonnie's Babe

Thanks Arthur, I'll take you up on that. It'll be a couple of weeks before I'm in your neck of the woods though.

I would steer away from this shop if I were you, their attitude & customer service are absolutely disgraceful.......

Advertisement