Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor/Sirius + Hotbird/Astra with single dish ?

• 25-05-2009 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,
    I currently have a fixed dish (.8m I think) with single LNB pointing at the Swedish satellites (Thor / Sirius) with a Canal Digital box and decoder.
    This setup gives me brilliant reception of Swedish channels (and thanks to a bloke called Nixon who did the hard work)

However I would like to also receive French channels.
    Is it possible with my existing box and fixed dish to simultaneously receive both ?
    I'm no expert but I see talk of multi LNBs -
    Are there any French channels on satellites close to the above Swedish ones ?
    Is it possible to install a multi LNB / orient it at a French carrying satellite.
    Sorry for my lack of technical expertise any help appreciated
    Regards
    P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

I get 5W, 1W, 5E, 9E, 13E and 19E from my 88cm Triax dish. I modified the LNB multiblock so that 1W is in the 'proper' focal point of the dish as it's the weakest sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I have 28e, 19e, 13e, 9, 7, 5e all on a 1.2metre triax dish no problem...

So it should be possible to see 5e, 13e, and 19e on a 80cm with offset Lnb no problem if u have a clear line of sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Are Finnish channels on the Thor/Sirius satellites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

steveon wrote: »
    I have 28e, 19e, 13e, 9, 7, 5e all on a 1.2metre triax dish no problem...

So it should be possible to see 5e, 13e, and 19e on a 80cm with offset Lnb no problem if u have a clear line of sight.

I disagree.

I've tested a 95cm.

to get 5E to 28E, you need a Wavefrontier T90. It will do 8W to 28E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

My aplogies my 28 is actually fed from a seperate dish but currently have 5e to 19e on my 1.2 metre dish...however most notibly is that my technomate tm1000d which I used does not give any indication of signal strenght from 5e but when scanned it will find all the FTA channels no problem...havent watched it too much in the rain will test it out next few days..

There is a lot of Finnish TV on sirius 4 @ 4.8e but they are scrambled under the Viasat system as far as I know..

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/viasat.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement