Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo

Options
  • 25-05-2009 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get my first tatoo, i have always wanted to get a dragon for some reason but have never seen one i liked, does anyone out there have any suggestions on what i should get, pics even? and please dont reply saying dont get a tatoo your scarring yourself for life.... blah blah blah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

people online profiles are here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055505603 .. on where to go

idea's. i always look at www.checkoutmyink.com , see something you like there but make your own stamp on whatever it is tho, no point in copying someone's tattoo directly.. make it your own

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Guill wrote: »
    I'm looking to get my first tattoo, i have always wanted to get a dragon for some reason but have never seen one i liked, does anyone out there have any suggestions on what i should get, pics even? and please dont reply saying dont get a tattoo your scarring yourself for life.... blah blah blah

You're in a Tattoos and Piercings forum, there's nobody here that thinks tattoos are "scarring yourself for life"! However, if you've not found anything that you like, then you're not ready for one yet. I know that may sound mean, but if you rush into it with a design that someone else suggests for you, and that could end up being something that you regret, then it may as well be scarring yourself!

There are thousands upon thousands of images out there, of every conceivable style and variation of dragons, so the options I would suggest are to google search and google image search dragons in the style which you would like. When you find some that you like, keep the designs for a good length of time, to ensure that you don't go off them, and finally be able to whittle it down to one design.

An alternative is if you have an image in your head of what you would like, to approach a tattoo artist whose work you like the look of. Describe to them (in as much detail as you can) what you want, maybe even a little doodle/sketch of what you have in mind, and then let the artist draw up some designs for you.

Advertisement