Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband availability in Termonfeckin

Options
  • 25-05-2009 9:40am

Morning all. Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the tech section of the forum but thought I might get a bit more local knowledge (which is what I'm after) here

I hope to move to Termonfeckin shortly (fingers and legs crossed) - is there someone living in Termonfeckin who could please give me the low down on broadband options (ISPs) and speeds (true, rather than advertised!) and, if possible, costs.

Many thanks

Robert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Hi Robert, pretty sure these guys http://www.net1.ie/ can help you but I'm sure there are others too.
    Maybe worth posting in here also
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Its not worth bothering with net1. They're a disaster. I'm pretty sure that eircom broadband is available in Termonfeckin which would be the best option. Digiweb is also available but again its very dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Eircom is available in Termonfeckin which means all the resellers should be also. Speed will depend on how far you are away from the exchange best to ring around for prices etc.

http://www.broadbandatoz.ie/your-area.asp?id=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

I have Eircom Talktime Bundle 3MB Broadband and it is reasonably dependent. Very little problems with it. I use a VPN for work and there is no problems there either.

We looked at Digiweb wireless but we were advised by Digiweb that is was a bit hit and miss on the Clogherhead Road. The transmitter is on the Lourdes Hospital apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 delgany

We're with Perlico. Lots cheaper than Eircom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

any one else have problems with digiweb ............. they keep saying i cant get broadband my next door neighbour has it with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

fh041205 wrote: »
    Its not worth bothering with net1. They're a disaster. I'm pretty sure that eircom broadband is available in Termonfeckin which would be the best option. Digiweb is also available but again its very dodgy.

Thats like me saying, dont support united, they are a disaster. Any reason why they are a " disaster ". My dad got net1 about 3 years ago. Grand job, their main computer blew up one night and it was back by morning. First time i can remember anything " disaster " like

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Thats like me saying, dont support united, they are a disaster. Any reason why they are a " disaster ". My dad got net1 about 3 years ago. Grand job, their main computer blew up one night and it was back by morning. First time i can remember anything " disaster " like

I didn't feel the need to explain it any further unless someone asked. So seen as you did ask.....

They were extremely hard to get in touch with, not answering phones or email for long periods so it was difficult to get anything sorted with them. Also they didn't seem to know what service they could or couldn't give me and they acted like they didn't want my business. The problem was that they were the only company who claimed to cover my area, so this annoyed me quite a lot.

Ans United are a disaster.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

digiweb came to me on a friday evening at 3 pm said yes you can get broadband will be back on monday to install that was 3 years ago !!!!!!!!!!!! i have rang and emailed but they say that he said i cant get it ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Net1

Could you please post examples on when you tried to contact us please - Customer Service is one of our highest priorities.
    If there was a problem with contact - we'd like to know when this occurred so that we can put it right - you can PM us if you wish
    :confused:

• Advertisement

Net1 wrote: »
    Could you please post examples on when you tried to contact us please - Customer Service is one of our highest priorities.
    If there was a problem with contact - we'd like to know when this occurred so that we can put it right - you can PM us if you wish

I admire your attempts to put this right but this was almost 2 years ago before I came to college. Unfortunately I have since changed email address and don't have the emails. Eircom have since provided broadband to me so its too little too late i'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i tried calling numerous times was on hold for long periods, listening to "you are first in the queue"... 20 mins later no answer , so i gave up.

extremely hard to contact.

Hi Ingen
    If this "Is" the case we need examples - all our phone calls are logged so if you could please send us a PM with your caller ID so that we can check out what went wrong
    We have 2 people manning a Sales office in Drogheda and also 3 on a support desk in Dundalk - Our telephone system is setup so as the MAXIMUM wait time before going to voicemail is 5 minutes - A Voicemail flag then pops up on the relevant parties phone so there should be no reason why you experienced what happened
    The reason for this post is because we go to great lengths to make sure we are contactable - we even have an SMS printer for out of hours support issues. I understand that you may have gone elsewhere - but WE are concerned about this happening again so any help would be appreciated

Cheers

John

Hi Ingen
    If this "Is" the case we need examples - all our phone calls are logged so if you could please send us a PM with your caller ID so that we can check out what went wrong
    We have 2 people manning a Sales office in Drogheda and also 3 on a support desk in Dundalk - Our telephone system is setup so as the MAXIMUM wait time before going to voicemail is 5 minutes - A Voicemail flag then pops up on the relevant parties phone so there should be no reason why you experienced what happened
    The reason for this post is because we go to great lengths to make sure we are contactable - we even have an SMS printer for out of hours support issues. I understand that you may have gone elsewhere - but WE are concerned about this happening again so any help would be appreciated

Cheers

John

hi there, i am still waiting to hear back from net1 as they did a survey and i got good signal, but need some sort of special bracket, they were a bit vague on what speeds i would get too.. and i need service asap.

thanks

Hi
    I acknowledge receipt of your email at 15:52
    I shall have a word regarding this bracket with our installations department and get back to you !

Hi
    I acknowledge receipt of your email at 15:52
    I shall have a word regarding this bracket with our installations department and get back to you !

grand thanks, i am interested in the top package. thanks for the fast reply.

maybe all that is required is a pole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cep2

i'm thinking of buying a house in termonfeckin could somebody please let me know if I can get eircom broadband. I would need at least 5 to 8mg.. Any help appreciated:D

Hi I am in Termonfeckin, taking 7mb broadband service from Eircom. Speedtest.net puts the actual service at around 5mb. There's supposed to be a "nominal" 50Gb download a month after which they reserve the right to charge an excess. I've never exceeded my limit (as far as I know!)

To cheese you off, my daughter lives in the UK, has a choice of about 6 service providers and pays (from memory) £12 a month for 20mb cable broadband, unlimited download. I pay over €30 for the eircom 7mb....

PS Termonfeckin's a great place to live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Dub88

cep2 wrote: »
    i'm thinking of buying a house in termonfeckin could somebody please let me know if I can get eircom broadband. I would need at least 5 to 8mg.. Any help appreciated:D
    Broadband in termonfeckin from eircom is excellent, a few years back I checked a friends line stats and they were excellent, you should receive 8meg easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cep2

Thanks for the help guys am now about to make an offer on the house fingers crossed.:p

Yeah I have just moved back from the UK and was getting 10mg with phone free evening and weekend call all for £22.50..

Its so annoying the prices that get charged here but as i will be logging through Vpn to my office in the UK I really need to have broadband..:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement