Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 25th May *Spoilers*

• 25-05-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

After much controversy and speculation, Monday's WWE RAW will officially emanate from the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
    The confirmed main event will be a 10-man tag match, with a twist. It will be Randy Orton, Big Show, The Miz, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase vs. Batista, John Cena,

MVP, Jerry Lawler & a mystery partner. No doubt the babyfaces will be wearing the Lakers jersey, due to the expected heat on the Denver Nuggets on Monday night.

Speaking of heat on the Nuggets, another RAW match has been added for Monday: "Mr. McMahon vs. Stan Kroenke." Pretty obvious what the point of that match is.
    You can also expect the WWE announcers, and possibly the superstars in promos take shots at the Denver Nuggets and the Pepsi Center on RAW. There could even be some scheduled backstage vignettes dedicated to the subject.
    Also, the Iron Sheik

will be backstage at the Staples Center during RAW tonight and will likely be used in some role on the air.

I think mystery partner is Flair (would prefer if be HHH or HBK)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If Flair comes out of retirement for a meaningless tag match like this, I will lose all respect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

If Flair comes out of retirement for a meaningless tag match like this, I will lose all respect for him.
    Agreed, but it probably wont be Flair.I'd prefer HBK to return tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Was thinking John Morrison for that spot, as the obvious choices would be Flair/HHH, and being on the other brand has never stopped anyone from turning up on a show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

mitchell cole to get the last tag spot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SOS to be the 5th member of the team :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

My money's on a returning Mr. Kennedy. This show doesn't look like it'll break Raw's run of terrible episodes anyway.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    My money's on a returning Mr. Kennedy. This show doesn't look like it'll break Raw's run of terrible episodes anyway.
    Yea come to think of it id say it will be Kennedy , if it is ric flair it would be a massive let down since he retired and had wwe make a massive deal about(not giving out about the send off ) but then over a year later come back into the ring .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

rumors are its hhh, backstage staff says hes been knockin around when even off tv.......letdown!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thinking out loud here, any chance of an ex LA Lakers player?

Karl Malone perhaps. I don't know if he is in shape anymore but he did appear in wcw, he is a legendary "player", and had a couple of seasons with the lakers. An old ball player wouldn't need to do much in a tag match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Finish to the big tag match would have to be Cena (in LA Lakers jersey) pinning Miz (in Denver Nuggets jersey), unless that fifth man is someone of interest or importance. That would go down well with the LA audience.

If Flair IS in it i hope it's for him to turn to Legacy, otherwise i'd rather he wasn't back in a regular role.

• Advertisement

Kelly Kelly v Maryse tonight

I wonder who will be TBK tag partner, Jamie Noble or festus are my guesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

anyone whos thinkin its Flair seriously needs there head checked.

anyone whos thinkin its Flair seriously needs there head checked.

It doesn't matter who it is. This week was all about publicity and increasing interest in raw, the teaser of who the 5th "Player" will be, is just another way to hype up interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Kelly Kelly v Maryse tonight
    Its not going to be watch of the night, but damn, this will be one hell of a contest. The hottest match since Torrie Wilson vs Stacy Kiebler.

Its not going to be watch of the night, but damn, this will be one hell of a contest. The hottest match since Torrie Wilson vs Stacy Kiebler.

Well said.:D

Probably be the highest rated part of the show.

Its sad when that match is the best thing to look forward to on RAW:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ah why did Regal have to test positive? Probably ruined the last push he's likely to receive. Him and Finlay should be the two champs. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'm not watching tonight, who was the mystery partner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Kennedy, announced earlier in the show. Poor episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Didn't see this due to the old man creating a sky + scheduling conflict but it sounded alot like WWE stroking their own egos and entertaining themselves rather than the fans

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

EdK wrote: »
    Didn't see this due to the old man creating a sky + scheduling conflict but it sounded alot like WWE stroking their own egos and entertaining themselves rather than the fans
    That goes for all most episodes these days (and is another reason I don't bother to watch it unless I'm told it is actually good).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

am i the only one happy to see kennedy back? yeah the lakers/nuggets thing was rediculous but i was glad we now have another person to (hopefully) shake up the main event scene, which as we all know has been stale for a while!

awful show...showcasing everything i really hate about modern WWE.

McMahon shoving over 'Kroenke' was just a horrible segment, and a horrible shove to top it off.

santino now a 'face'? good God.

lakers v nuggets? just cringeworthy.

the triple threat US Title No.1 contenders' match? not good, apart from the last 90secs; just a sloppily worked match. kofi v MVP should be entertaining though.

but turn MVP heel....please.

orton is still the best thing about Raw. his promo on Flair almost rescued that whole angle. Flair really needs to go away now.

kennedy's return was muted at best.

i hate this whole lazy phase WWE seems to go through this time of year.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i hate this whole lazy phase WWE seems to go through this time of year.

I agree raw was terrile.

Just wondering if you watch smackdown ecw or saw backlash? For me since the draft Smackdown is brillinat, ecw (Even before draft) for a one hour show is pretty good each week and i thought backlash was a 9/10.

I really recommend everyone takes time to catch smackdown from now on as the last few weeks have been really really good.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I agree raw was terrile.

Just wondering if you watch smackdown ecw or saw backlash? For me since the draft Smackdown is brillinat, ecw (Even before draft) for a one hour show is pretty good each week and i thought backlash was a 9/10.

I really recommend everyone takes time to catch smackdown from now on as the last few weeks have been really really good.

i haven't managed to catch smackdown since the draft, unfortunately, because reports have been good from what i've seen. the same for ecw.

i'll have to start, because Raw is enough to depress you the last couple of weeks.

i really feel for Orton, honestly. he's still the best thing on that show by a mile; and the fans know it, hence the pop every damn week.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i haven't managed to catch smackdown since the draft, unfortunately, because reports have been good from what i've seen. the same for ecw.

i'll have to start, because Raw is enough to depress you the last couple of weeks.

i really feel for Orton, honestly. he's still the best thing on that show by a mile; and the fans know it, hence the pop every damn week.

There was a time RAW was the one to watch above all others now its the one to miss if you have to miss one. Last nights show was the worst I can remember.

Its true about Randy, he was good last night and is the only consistently good performer and the only thing worth watching on the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

This is probably the first Raw ive watched in a LONG LONG LOOOOOOOONG time and MY. SWEET. JESUS!!!!!! i will not be hurrying back.

Raw is patethic at the moment. Absoultely pathetic!! To see a show that has given me so many great memories finish with two of the the most overhyped wrestlers EVER hitting a souble suplex on the big show...... :mad::mad:

Total and utter laziness.

Wwe needs to pull the finger out and wake up and smell the roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The only way they will get the message is if people stop watching and that won't happen as people watch/ record Raw out of habit or hope each week to see an improvement, I'd love if a few million less people tuned in so they would see how much of a mess Raw is but it won't be happening anytime soon

WWE has top notch facilities in every department but writing they just can't get it right, but hey if it makes Vince giggle it's fine:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

EdK wrote: »
    The only way they will get the message is if people stop watching and that won't happen as people watch/ record Raw out of habit or hope each week to see an improvement, I'd love if a few million less people tuned in so they would see how much of a mess Raw is but it won't be happening anytime soon

WWE has top notch facilities in every department but writing they just can't get it right, but hey if it makes Vince giggle it's fine:rolleyes:

Exactly the reason i tuned out nearly a year ago. I still tune in month after month for the PPV's in the hope that things do improve (only to be criticised by the occasional jackass for doing so), but it really hasn't done so in my opinion. Only time i bother with RAW is if guys here rave about it.

Because i trust your judgment. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I just watched this disaster piece, and it was no fun to say the least.
    Opening Segment Vince and that impersonator dude
    Well done Vince, any sympathy I had for you, just went out the window. How childish can this man be?, and what makes it worse he is 63. Seriously this is why the mainstream ignore wrestling. Enis seriously?
    Kelly Kelly v Maryse
    Dreadful stuff. Maryse is pretty but she needs to improve as a wrestler drastically. Kelly Kelly was all over the shop as usual. The crowd did not give a damn as their was no atmosphere at all for this. The Raw women division is in serious trouble right now.
    Then some nonsense with the Belle twins and a Jack Nicholson impersonator with Hornswoggle and Goldust doing a scene from a few Good Men. This segment is the type of stuff that makes people embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. It was seriously terrible.
    MVP vs. Regal vs. Kofi
    This was really sloppy the whole way through. Kofi won and his match with MVP could be decent. Matt is looking very chubby these days as well.
    Flair calls out Orton
    Orton got a very good pop which was no surprise after Flair rambled inanely for a few minutes. Kennedy announces his return ands claims he is after the title, well seeing as you get injured brushing your teeth I would not hold out much hope for Ken.
    Santino and Mickie vs. Beth and Chavo
    Apart from Mickie I don’t care about anybody in this match. Beth seems to be turning into a jobber recently since the Santina angle begun which is not good news for the women’s division. The match at Extreme Rules between Santina and Vickie sounds utterly horrendous as well.
    Goldust and Horny vs. Festus and Kendrick
    Yet again a match where I have no interest in there of the wrestlers. You cant blame Kendrick for his fondness for weed when he has to put up with this. Goldust is another person who has been so watered down over the years I honestly would have no problem with Vince if he released him. The Colons provide commentary and to be honest both were really boring which is a shame as anytime they were with Striker on ECW they were enjoyable and most importantly funny.
    Massive 5 on five match
    These if booked right can be really fun, but this was a letdown like the rest of the show. Kennedy played the five in pearl role which was probably not the best idea as he was just back from injury and apparently picked up another one in the match. The Cena and MVP spot was a nice touch I suppose. Rhodes took the pinfall, colour me surprised.
    The show illustrated the problems with Raw massively. We have a dismal women division, stagnant midcard with no purpose and main event built around Legacy and Batista. Yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is anyone else not liking MVP and Kennedy as faces i think but would be better as heels.

Orton is keeping RAW alive at the moment his promos are the best thing about the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is anyone else not liking MVP and Kennedy as faces i think but would be better as heels.

Not everyone can be heel though.

Since Rjd2 summed up how bad raw was i thought i'd have some fun and look at it from the view of an 8 year old LA kid

Opening Segment Vince and Mr Enis
    LOL this was so much fun. Mr. McMahon made fun of a guy in a wig and called him ENIS! OMG it was so funny and mommy says i'm not allowed say what Enis sounds like!!

Kelly Kelly v Maryse
    I don't like Maryse she is really naughty. She pushed K2 and cheated. Cheats are bad and i liked the K2 came back at her and I really think Kelly will win and become the best Divas champ ever:)

I was so happy to see Hornswogglay and Goldy. I don't know who the man in glasses was but Hornswoggly and Goldy came up with some really cool ating :cool:. I hope Hornswoggaly wins his title back some day.

MVP vs. Regal vs. Kofi
    This was my 3rd fave match. Kofi won and there was trouble in paradise for Mr Regal and Matt Hardy :D. I will be really happy to see Kofi and MVP next week. Could be the best Match ever. I don't like regal after he hit Santinos sister last week, Boys shouldn't hit girls:mad:

Flair calls out Orton
    I thought it was fun when the old guy called out Orton (Boo!!). But I was confused when they were talking:confused:

Randy tried to beat the Flair but Batista saved him and then he held him back by his trousers, My dad does that when I go to run across the road sometimes.

Santino and Mickie vs. Beth and Chavo
    I don't really member what happened in the match but Santino did a funny Pig sound :D. Why was he not tagging with his sister Santina that would of been briiliant....

Goldy and Hornswoggaly vs. Festus and Kendrick

This was my 2nd fave match and Hornswoggaly did the tad pole splash. thats my fave move ever and I do that move to my Teddy all the time, don't tell Mom;)

Massive 5 on five match
    This was so cool. I was really happy when all my fave wrestlers and the new blonde guy came out dressed as the lakers. MVP and Cena did the Balling and you can't see me moves, Batista and John Cena lifted up the Big Show:eek:. The lakers won so i was able to go to bed happy.

After the show my big brother said Goldy and Cody from Legacy were brothers:eek:. I don't believe him he is terrible silly, He thinks Kane and Undertaker are not really brothers:P

RAW is my fave wrestling show, Smackdown and ECW are not as much fun as there are not enough cool guys Like Cena, Batista and Hornswoggaly. My Big Brother says they are the best shows as there is lots of action, I don't get it, but at least Rey is on smackdown so i always watch.

Advertisement