Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not seeing caller number or name ever

• 25-05-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Ok I have an issue with my Nokia 6300 w/ vodafone.

Whenever someone calls I never see their number or name, even if that person is in my address book. I updated my SIM card at the vodafone store thinking that was it (I had been still using an old Eircell sim) but no luck.

Is there anything I need to activate or change on the phone? It's odd because I thought these things where active by default. Has something changed at vodafone in regards to this that I need to know about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Sounds like caller id isn't activated on Vodafone's side. Give customer care a buzz and get them to check it. It should just be a matter of c care switching it on and then powering the handset on/off and it should be working fine. 1907 is the number for customer care.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had the same issue when I ported to VF from O2, CPW had to ring VF to get it switched on. Maybe its the same when you get a new SIM Card? As RodVelvet says give their Customer Service a bell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I rang customer care and they enabled it, it's working now.... I find it odd it wouldn't be enabled by default though, I mean who doesn't want to see whos calling them?

Anyway, cheers for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I rang customer care and they enabled it, it's working now.... I find it odd it wouldn't be enabled by default though, I mean who doesn't want to see whos calling them?

Anyway, cheers for the help.
    O2 have a similiar "glitch" in their system. It's probably just a case of the agent having forgot to provision it on your account.

Advertisement