Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 on Eee PC 901

• 25-05-2009 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I noticed in this post on Gizmodo that Windows 7 works on netbooks.

I have a Eee PC 901 with 16GB of built in memory.

This seems to just barely meet the minimum requirements. Has anyone got Windows 7 working on this machine?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

It should install fine once you meet the minimum specs, but it'll use about half of your disk space (32-bit). The 64-bit would use even more, so i'd stay well enough away from it.

Also make sure you have something planned for when the Win 7 RC starts to bork itself, beginning in March. (recovery discs, or recovery partition etc)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I can't think of a single compelling reason to justify the effort, tbh. It probably can be done but in the same way that you can get OS X 10.3 or Vista Business on there - you won't get any real benefit out of doing so because the OS isn't optimised for those specs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭radioactiveman

I wouldn't bother installing it to be honest. It will run out next July, at which time you will have to buy a license or it will shut down after 2 hours.

I installed on a netbook and it worked fine, but it wasn't that much different to Vista at all, if anything the graphics are overdone and I couldn't see any advantage. Microsoft are completely milking it this time.

One thing that's easy to forget about though is that you have to find vista drivers for everything so little things like function keys that do stuff on netbooks don't work, you don't have the manufacturer's battery plan etc etc- in the end for me there were more disadvantages than advantages.
    Plus you have the expiration hanging over your head so you have to decide whether to actually buy it or reinstall windows eventually.

You can't really enjoy the graphics side of it on a netbook, it's like it's too cluttered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from Laptops.

Advertisement