Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow card

Options
  • 25-05-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

Was this really worth a yellow card and locking?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055573703

Or is the Conspiracy Theories Forum got it's own more strict definition of Trolling and acceptable posts. It's not obvious from the charter.

Maybe I'm just thin skinned because I never got a warning before. Perhaps if it wasn't a "serious enough" conspiracy thread it should have been moved to AfterHours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I didnt lock the thread but I did give the yellow card. I'm sure you understand the difference between a warning and an infraction so I dont see what the big deal is or why this warrats a helpdesk thread?

Here is a post from you in the thread:
    watty wrote: »
    Yeah, the post wasn't very serious. Just noticed this place and couldn't resist.

It looks like you came in ourely to make light off the topics discussed in the forum and that in turn would get the backs up of many of the posters. That would fall under the part of the charter "making the natives restless".

Maybe I am wrong though, I am open to correction and imput from the other mods. If you'd like to show me that its a wrong call I'd be happy to request that the wrning is reversed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Well ultimately as you are the Mod and the perception of the post rather than my intent is the thing, it's up to you. A not entirely serious post isn't the same thing as making fun of the forum or other posters. Perhaps I'm too flippant at times, but it's definitely not part of may modus operandi to make fun of others or other Forums. Hence my post here. But if you are are unsure of my intentions, why a yellow card and thread lock?

Obviously *Someone* locked the thread.

Perhaps Captain Mords Spiced Bum?

In future I shall lurk longer in freshly discovered fora to get an idea of the form. No wish to create waves.

Maybe now that we have both made our points (and I *DID* apologise in the reply PM) we can forget it. If I post again in "Conspiracy Theories" I'll be less light hearted.

Just received a less than light hearted PM from one of the regulars there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Already forgotten about. A yellow card is more of a "steady now there mister" than anything else. A bit of boat rocking is to be expected in any forum but its hard to gauge sometimes.

Feel free to start a new thread but try to get across what it is you're getting at so save confusion - the written word isnt always the best at carrying intent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Hmm..

Maybe I've been giving yellow cards where I should be red carding or banning.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055574080

Hence my umbrage. :)

Maybe I should be giving some yellows where I did nothing...

Advertisement