Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm question

Options
  • 25-05-2009 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I live in Palmerstown and need a new home alarm.

I am getting an electric garage door fitted next month and I want the blip to work the house alarm.

Any advice please.

I have 3 quotes for the garage door fitted but none seem to know anything about linking in the alarm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Do you mean you want the garage door transmitter to deactivate the alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

pretty straight forward to do. What type of alarm panel is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

phonebox wrote: »
    I live in Palmerstown and need a new home alarm.

I am getting an electric garage door fitted next month and I want the blip to work the house alarm.

Any advice please.

I have 3 quotes for the garage door fitted but none seem to know anything about linking in the alarm.

ok, a shock sensor should do. you can put this on the electric garage door at the top where it rolls up!. once this is done, you can set the shock sensor to start warning you to unset the alarm. if you have any other questions, pm me!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tim M-U wrote: »
    ok, a shock sensor should do. you can put this on the electric garage door at the top where it rolls up!. once this is done, you can set the shock sensor to start warning you to unset the alarm. if you have any other questions, pm me!

So no contact on the door???
    This is not the right way to go about it.
    Alarm the door as normal & programme it as entry /exit
    Fit a relay into the garage door controller giving an open/close pair to your alarm panel. Wire that pair into a zone on the panel & programme that input as arm/ disarm. This will also give you the advantage of when you use the remote to close the garage it can also set the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭altor

Do you work at alarms tim ? why would you put a shock on a roller garage door :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dinefwr

take a look at ukpanels.com lots of info

altor wrote: »
    Do you work at alarms tim ? why would you put a shock on a roller garage door :confused:

no altor I dont..:( because if picks up shock doesn't it, and the garage door when opened makes some shock doesn't it... because if you place near it!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It will also generate false alarms regularly.
    It kinda shows that you dont install alarms. Best leave the advice to those who do.

no altor I dont..:( because if picks up shock doesn't it, and the garage door when opened makes some shock doesn't it... because if you place near it!!

you would know you dont have any knowledge of alarms or how they work with the options you are giving people tim. as koolkid said it generates false alarms regularly. yes it does pick up on shocks but i am sure the person with the electric garage door is not planing on banging his door before he opens it. a contact on his electric garage door is the way to go as is explained in the posts to him by koolkid..

altor wrote: »
    you would know you dont have any knowledge of alarms or how they work with the options you are giving people tim. as koolkid said it generates false alarms regularly. yes it does pick up on shocks but i am sure the person with the electric garage door is not planing on banging his door before he opens it. a contact on his electric garage door is the way to go as is explained in the posts to him by koolkid..
    the contact might get squashed when rolled up. unless you place the device at the bottom of the garage door (doing this could be dangerous, and could damage the contact device). exm: cat bits it.

• Advertisement

the contact might get squashed when rolled up. unless you place the device at the bottom of the garage door (doing this could be dangerous, and could damage the contact device). exm: cat bits it.

you really dont know what your talking about tim :rolleyes: a heavy duty contact goes on a roller door. its made of metal so wont get squashed as you say it will.. the magnet part goes on the roller door and the contact goes on the ground

Advertisement