Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem playing Morrowind

Options
  • 25-05-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

I bought Morrowind the other day, but when I start it up a dialogue box appears saying
    The instruction at "0x00000010" referenced memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be "read".

I then get an option to terminate or debug the program, but nothing happens when I click either of them.

I have a Dell 6400 with Windows XP SP3, Centrino Duo 1.66Ghz, 512MB Ram and integrated graphics (Intel 945GM). I can load the launcher, but nothing I've changed works. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Have you tried a re-install ? Or updating the game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Yup, and the game is updated to v1.2.072, which seems to be the most up to date patch.
    The game was published through Sold Out Software, if that's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

It could be the integrated graphics...
    Morrowind has an 'odd' engine and looking through google some people have reported problems playing Morrowind with the Intel 945GM.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Morrowind is probably one of the most bugged game of all time. But what you should do since it sounds like a windows problem.... well first thing is do you have xp professional? As this can help alot. if you do go to start>right click on my computer>manage> then in the computer management console that comes up> click on Event viewer> then Application> then look for the error that is the same as the one you got when trying to run the game(generally just look for time of error), take the Event ID number and write Event ID x(x being the number) into google, normally loads of stuff out there on each event, try to find one that is similar to yours, look at the solutions or causes and try to do what it says to correct this.

Think this is how you do it, used to this alot with games, but havent done it in ages. You could also contact Bethesda support, while the game was really buggy they had, at the time I played, the best technical support I have ever seen in a game. Also make sure you have all firewalls and such turned off.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Yup, and the game is updated to v1.2.072, which seems to be the most up to date patch.
    The game was published through Sold Out Software, if that's any help

thats the most up to date patch if your only playing morrowind and not any ofthe expansion disks,tribunal and bloodmoon both have separate patches

• Advertisement
Advertisement