Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this normal??

Options
  • 25-05-2009 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi People
    Just a quick question for you doggy experts...................
    My little pup got spayed on friday,she got over it pretty well,which i was surprised as thought she would be put out for a few days,Anyhow on sat evening she starting humping her teddy which she was doing before her op.I was shocked!!!
    1.Because i thought she would be in too much pain
    2.I thought she wouldnt be doing that!!

Is this normal and will she still carry on doing it,i (ignorantly) thought her op would stop her doing this kind of thing.Any ideas??
    Much appreciated
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

"Humping" isn't always sexual.

Its often a dominance thing, especially with puppies as they need to work out who's top dog.

Your pup is most likely just showing her teddy who's boss :p

My three year old jack russell still humps his big sisters (the boss lady's) leg sometimes, she just gives him a look of disdain and he stops and slinks off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just don't allow it.

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

It could have become a habit for your dog to hump the teddy so remove it, and then no more humping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Once your dog is spayed or neutered, it takes something like 3 months for all the hormones to leave the system, so you shouldn't expect an immediate change in behaviour!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

Blueprint wrote: »
    Once your dog is spayed or neutered, it takes something like 3 months for all the hormones to leave the system, so you shouldn't expect an immediate change in behaviour!

Seconding this...you wont see a change in hormonal behaviour for a few months til all the hormones clear out of her sytem...if the behavoiur bothers you why not just remove the teddy?or those she humps things in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

she should stop doing it soon, my dog did it for a while after being spayed!vet said she'd stop and she has

Advertisement